Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. If your earliest start date is within 90 days and you meet the requirements listed in the job description, please apply. Want to skip the search? Fill out a profile and our team will send you the jobs that are the best match via email or text.
Longview, TX US
This position is for the role of a Valve Technician who is responsible for ensuring the highest level of customer satisfaction while testing, inspecting, and repairing pressure relief valves (PRV), flow control valves, regulators, electronic instrumentation, and electric actuators for industries such as power, oil and gas, refining, chemical, and food and beverage.
This position will entail independent field work, work as a member of a larger repair team, and work in a shop. This individual will be responsible for maintaining a work laptop computer and generating documentation for customers' maintenance records.
This position entails a high degree of customer interaction, and is deeply embedded in company's sales process; consequently, this position requires good people skills, professional appearance and a positive attitude at all times. Experience in the power, refining, chemical or oil and gas industry is a plus.
This position will require you to travel to client sites with many projects requiring multiple overnight stays, weekends, and extended work days.
Duties and responsibilities:
Maintenance, calibration, testing and troubleshooting of valves, pressure relief valves and electric actuators (480v) as well as measurement and valve related instruments.
Including, but not limited to:
- Assembly of new equipment or repaired equipment.
- Documentation of repair, testing, assembly activities, cause of failure, actions taken, parts used, labor hours, and so on
- Customer communication, technical assistance, troubleshooting, quoting / determining disposition of repairs
- Participation in field and shop service calls, as required
- Disassembly, cleanup, and evaluation of parts
- Research and develop required parts list for Insides Sales to quote repair
- Sandblast and paint when required
- Coordinate repairs based upon requirements from the customer and company scheduling
- Fill out comprehensive repair reports describing the? As found? Condition, recommended repairs, and so on
- Recognize, pursue, and secure opportunities to increase the scope of work and products sold whenever possible
- Adhere to all safety, quality, company rules and regulations
- Perform other duties as assigned
Most overtime occurs in the Spring and the Fall (approx. Feb 15 - May 15 and Sept. 15 - Dec. 1), available PTO will be limited, if allowed at all, during those times.
Base salary, considerable overtime pay potential, relocation case by case; all expenses paid; company vehicle for all travel.