Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. If you are able to start your new career within 90 days and meet the position requirements listed in the job description, feel free to apply. If you are not available to work within the next 90 days, but would like to work with Bradley-Morris on finding your next career, please complete an application here https://mapp.bradley-morris.com to get started.
Valve Repair Technician
Location: Charlotte, NC
Compensation: $50 - $60k annually after overtime
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Repair relief valves, control valves, on/off valves, pneumatic and electric actuators in Shop or customer plant locations - includes performing pre-testing, disassembly, cleaning, in process inspection, machining, lapping, surface preparation, painting, assembly, testing, and final inspection on various types of valves and actuation.
- Mechanically and electrically troubleshoot, inspect, and test valves at specified job worksites - primary worksites include the valve repair center in Charlotte and customer in-field work sites.
- Calibration, testing and trouble-shooting of valves, valve related instruments and process instrumentation.
- Assembly of new and repaired equipment.
- Document repair / testing / assembly activities - cause of failure, actions taken, parts used, and so on.
- Customer communication - technical assistance, troubleshooting, quoting / determining disposition of repairs.
- Adherence to all safety, quality and company rules/regulations.
- Maintain excellent housekeeping standards.
- Participation and involvement in Safety, Quality and Activities Committees.
- Perform testing using certified test equipment, and complete documentation by working under a QA / QC / National Board VR program.
- Reference appropriate valve manuals for repair requirements.
- Complete site-specific safety orientation required to perform valve repair services.
- Maintain driver eligibility and regular preventative maintenance on company owned vehicle.
Overtime available, company vehicle, laptop, cell phone, 401k, great benefits