Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. To apply, if you have not already filled out a candidate application, start the process here: https://mapp.bradley-morris.com.
Value Stream Manager
Duties and Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Executes the production control schedule to ensure on time delivery.
- Effectively deploys assigned workforce to ensure production goals are met.
- Meets or exceeds established goals for productivity, scrap, and on time delivery.
- Implements corrective action when employee(s) do not meet requirements (that is, additional training, discipline following Company policy, and so on).
- Develop, train and supervise hourly employees in a timely and effective manner.
- Communicates and interacts with related departments such as manufacturing engineering, materials, maintenance, finance, human resources and others as needed.
- Provide input on procedures, process development, equipment and/or tooling requirements.
- Ensures the product, processes and personnel in their department are compliant with current ISO standards.
- Ensures the product manufactured in their department meets current ISO standards.
- Drives an organized department(s) utilizing the 5S approach and other related methodologies.
- Drives and promotes safe work practices at all times, including responding immediately to unsafe acts and/or conditions and reporting them as required. Also provides effective safety training as assigned.
- Recommend and initiate continuous improvement projects utilizing lean manufacturing processes (setup reductions, cost savings, and so on).
- Facilitates effective and timely communication with departmental employees in support of the business plan.
- Supervises department personnel to ensure work performance and adherence to company rules, and administers disciplines in a fair and consistent manner.
- Drives a proactive culture related to machine maintenance issues.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate completion of all necessary paperwork/reporting utilizing provided systems.
- Takes an active role in the safety committee including monthly participation in meetings, safety audits, corrective actions and more.
- Manages the training of new hires and cross training of existing hires.
- Ensures adequate cross shift communications
- Assist Human Resource Department in the recruitment process by conduct effective interviews and providing timely feedback.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned or required.
This position is on first shift (day shift).
Target for the base salary is $75k. There is a performance bonus of up to 15% that can be earned.