Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. If your earliest start date is within 90 days and you meet the requirements listed in the job description, please apply. Want to skip the search? Fill out a profile and our team will send you the jobs that are the best match via email or text.
Position requirements Include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Advanced electrical/lighting quotation experience.
- Ability to assemble a complete and competitive project bid that addresses all areas of the solicitation requirements while maximizing the profitability to the company.
- Knowledge of local building codes, national or local governing agencies that regulate or create standards relating to lighting design.
- Advanced understanding of lighting technology, products and their application.
- Advanced understanding of lighting design and the ability to interpret electrical schematics and drawings related to lighting and lighting systems.
- Ability to interpret specifications (performance, job and product).
- Continually exhibit qualities of leadership.
- Awareness of industry/customer trends and the products or services the client offers that fulfill their needs.
- Desire to sell and find solutions to customers lighting needs.
- Solid understanding of client's manufacturers' products, the resources that support them and the tools or processes necessary to sell them to the customer.
- Determination to be the best in your given position or field.
- Must be able to develop and execute a documented sales strategy.
- Must be able to target and create market opportunities and assemble or create the tools necessary to capture it.
- Must be a solid, effective business resource.
- Must be diligent in gaining the knowledge and certifications necessary to be respected in your product area.
- Must possess a high level of personal ownership.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good written communication.
- Knowledgeable with the Microsoft Office Suite of products - Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Must have good organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to create and maintain an impeccable reputation among peers, client's competitors, manufacturers and customers.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information relative to client's business and that of the customers we support.
Primary duties and responsibilities; the Technical Specialist will be responsible for performing functions including, but not limited to, the following:
- Develop and execute a consistent sales plan to accomplish the steps you and the principals determine necessary to accomplish your market and revenue objectives.
- Meet or exceed all individual revenue goals.
- Develop tools and methodologies that are instrumental in gaining efficiencies in the bid/project management processes while communicating market knowledge for the success of all sales personnel.
- Target, track and book any and all available projects or opportunities.
- Track and monitor hit ratio on projects bid vs. Projects awarded to client.
- Develop a follow up strategy that will keep you informed of all stages relative to a project and will allow us to meet all reasonable stakeholder (contractor, distributor, designer, principals, and so on) expectations.
- Develop and maintain a communication structure that proactively informs customer of the project status.
- Develop and record a budgetary system by dollar value per square foot that can be used to bid or estimate projects based on their design characteristics.
- Develop and deliver sales presentations on client's factories, their products and sales programs to your target customer base.
- Educate our customer base so they may replicate/promote our sales initiatives to their customer segment.
- Provide application and technical assistance both on-site and in the office to customers on lighting and lighting control components.
- Use internal/external business systems to provide pricing, layouts and technical data to customers.