Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. If your earliest start date is within 90 days and you meet the requirements listed in the job description, please apply. Want to skip the search? Fill out a profile and our team will send you the jobs that are the best match via email or text.
Technical Publications Writer
The role involves creation and maintenance of technical documents for a wide range of new and existing products including Fans, Blowers, Electrical Motors, Electronic Controllers, Power Conversion Units and Thermal Management Systems. The work involves working within a multi-disciplinary team including Project Leaders, Mechanical/Electrical Design Engineers, Engineering Technicians and Program Managers to support product development as well as sustaining existing product documentation such as ATPs, QTP, QTRs and associated project SDRLs.
They seek positive and energetic team players who enjoy working in a challenging and creative environment.
- Researches, writes, edits, and supervises the production of Company publications including proposals, reports, test procedures, manuals, and contract-fulfillment documentation.
- Interprets customer specification requirements to derive and formulate the specific requirements, test procedures and relevant reports.
- Uses problem-solving techniques to keep writing and publication projects moving by resolving personnel, equipment, and budget bottlenecks.
- Works across all departments to gather and verify required source material and then present that material in an industry-acceptable manner.
- Strong technical understanding of Design, Materials and component selections.
- Working knowledge on Aerospace documentation process with proficiency in DO 160 / MIL Standards, ATA 100, ATA iSpec 2200, and AECMA Simplified English.
- Experience in working on Authoring AND Illustration tools like PTC Arbortext Editor, Arbortext Isodraw, Adobe FrameMaker, Tech Illustrator, MS Office Suite, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Experience with CAD (or similar) for creation of diagrams and minor revisions to existing drawings.
- Hands on product testing experience would be an advantage.
- Knowledge on IBM Rational DOORS would be an advantage.
- Identifies potential areas for process improvements and lead, or participate in, assigned internal project teams to review, assess, measure and implement effective countermeasures.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Relevant experience in the Technical Writing, Manufacturing, or Engineering fields
- Excellent verbal and written skills are mandatory for clear, professional interactions with customers, contractors, engineering and program management.
- Proven ability to successfully manage multiple projects and to coordinate timely activity of involved personnel
- Strong collaboration and boundary-spanning skills
- Experience in the military/aerospace industry, and/or experience with custom designed products involving customer specifications is a plus