Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. If your earliest start date is within 90 days and you meet the requirements listed in the job description, please apply. Want to skip the search? Fill out a profile and our team will send you the jobs that are the best match via email or text.
Superintendent: Electrical - High Voltage
Additional requirements are: General Contractor support of Engineering review, procurement, construction, and start-up of a high or medium voltage electrical system and associated substation.
Responsible for installation guidance, QA/QC enforcement, scheduling support and owner correspondence. Responsible for review and final submittal to Owner of Engineer As-builts and project system packages.
On-site supervision of Assistant Superintendents and electrical subcontractors to ensure a safe, productive job is attained and costs are controlled in the construction field operations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Review bid package for accuracy, completeness, and electrical work scope for electrical subcontractors and company electrical personnel.
- Communicate with Site Manager for immediate review of electrical information and any changes to the job.
- Coordinate electrical work with other job planning and functions such as foundation, erection and tower wiring.
- Supervise all Assistant Superintendents on-site to ensure use of all company resources; and adherence to all company policies and state and federal regulations.
- Monitor company work including subcontractors to maximize production and minimize costs.
- Act as an electrical consultant to supervisory and field personnel in the areas of transmission lines, inter-connect systems, switchgear installations, electrical circuits, power quality, and high voltage collection/distribution systems. Conduct weekly meeting with electrical engineers, electrical subcontractors, Owner (SMEs) and utility interconnect personnel. Need to establish meeting early to bring closure to project action items and bring necessary information forward that may impede design or construction. Supervise all project electrical subcontractors, electrical engineers to ensure effective use of project resources as well as industry processes. Have a clear understanding of production goals and cost and identify job cost reduction opportunities.
- Responsible for monitoring electrical subcontractor installation activities and progress.
- Responsible for safe working conditions and procedures including verification of qualified and trained personnel for the following: switch and tag procedures, approaching distances, arc flash, protective equipment, and rotation and voltage check.
- Ensures a safe work environment by complying with company's safety polices as well as complying with federal and state safety regulations. Ensure all subcontractor equipment, materials, and small tools are in safe operating condition. Need to collaborate with the electrical subcontractors and engineers that project will strive for "zero" accidents.
- Need to understand conditions of working around high voltage lines (in other words, high-potting or partial discharge tests).
- Assist Site Manager in communicating and negotiating with owner regarding major project decisions.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of project schedule as needed. Effectively schedule the work with electrical engineer, electrical contractors, Utility groups, and Owner (SMEs) in accordance with the project baseline schedule.