Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. If your earliest start date is within 90 days and you meet the requirements listed in the job description, please apply. Want to skip the search? Fill out a profile and our team will send you the jobs that are the best match via email or text.
Steam Turbine Service Engineer
The role is focused on remotely supporting the design and field engineering teams by providing technical assistance and resolution for all forms of field service, start-up and commissioning of mechanical equipment. This includes steam turbine issues concerning mechanical hardware, electrical equipment, controls, and fluid systems.
The ability to make sound technical decisions in a time-critical environment to support outages and commissioning activities is a primary component of the position.
This is not a wrench turning position. You will travel between 25-35%. You will work alongside the field service technicians taking measurements, photos and completing testing.
The rest of the time is spent in the office providing remote support, fracture/mechanical testing, root cause analysis, and outage support.
The company needs someone with strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Provide technical dispositions to resolve emergent issues during steam turbine outages, commissioning and planning.
- Interface with customers in-office meetings and on-site to effectively represent this client by demonstrating technical expertise and customer sensitivity in order to achieve a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Utilize a basic understanding of steam turbine component design, auxiliary system design and turbine operation to troubleshooting service issues while applying approved practices and procedures.
- Provide engineering input to support the development of outage and installation procedures and schedules.
- Develop service engineering procedures that support the continued technical development of the entire steam turbine organization.
- Define and manage time effectively to provide timely responses based on outage and commissioning needs while also attending to personal technical growth opportunities.
- Ensure fleet experience, operational feedback, and lessons learned are communicated back to design engineering to ensure continuous improvement.
- Provide support for emergency critical path activities outside of none core hours.
Perform other such duties as may be required.
Base pay of $65k - $90k plus overtime and flex-time. First in class benefits package.