Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. If your earliest start date is within 90 days and you meet the requirements listed in the job description, please apply. Want to skip the search? Fill out a profile and our team will send you the jobs that are the best match via email or text.
Sr Machine Operator
Packaging Machine Operators for the client are responsible for the operation and maintenance of mulch and soil processing and packaging equipment.
What you'll do in this role:
- Ensuring safety every day is your number one priority and partner with the team to identify/eliminate risks by following all company safety policies and procedures to ensure a safe working environment (for example, lock out tag out, confined space, seatbelts, PPE.)
- Support production lines by following daily production schedules, working with loader operators, and supplying materials as needed (e.G. Raw materials, pallets, bags).
- Follow standard operating procedures to operate various pieces of high speed and/or high-tech processing and packaging equipment (for example, infeed systems, grinder, bagger, palletizer, stretch wrapper.)
- Perform housekeeping duties to ensure raw material does not accumulate under the conveyors, aisle ways and catwalks by following safety practices to avoid injuries.
- Troubleshoot problems with machinery and partner with maintenance staff to resolve issues (for example, line down time, product quality.)
- Calibrate processing and packaging systems daily to meet required specification through entering commands in control panels / HMI or manual adjustments (for example, centerlines).
- Participate in start-up, change over and shut down of operating equipment.
- Perform clean, inspect, and lubricate tasks on equipment, as necessary per our site requirements
- Perform change overs including disassembly and reassembly of necessary equipment, adjustments, and calibrations.
- Perform centerline checks once a shift to ensure equipment is running per manufacturer recommendations.
- Responsible for executing all required production and quality process and documentation checks (for example, volume fill, seal quality, and particle size checks).
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives to increase process efficiency.
- Support training of current and future team members on qualified jobs.
This position is a day shift position, working Monday through Thursday for about 8 months of the year, from 6am to 430pm.
The other four months of the year, you may work as many as 6 days. However, that will also mean you will make about $18, 000 in overtime.
And for 8 months of the year, you have Friday, Saturday and Sunday off. This position is also targeted to lead to supervisory level roles
$23 - $24 per hour, plus at least 520 hours of overtime per year, which is about $18k.