Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. To apply, if you have not already filled out a candidate application, start the process here: https://mapp.bradley-morris.com.
Space Systems Engineer
Colorado Springs, CO
Develops design criteria for space products or systems, including testing methods, production costs, quality standards, and completion dates. Plans and conducts experimental, environmental, operational and stress tests on models and prototypes of aircraft and aerospace systems and equipment. Evaluates new technologies for application in improving design of space systems. Plans, coordinates, directs, and evaluates testing of space systems.
This position will have emphasis in conducting analysis on RF and RADAR system supporting SSA mission areas. The contractor shall evaluate RF system impacts and mitigation options for given designs within the broader systems engineering context including ionospheric modification, RF antenna design, algorithms that optimize source detection & location, relationships between noise, sensor cadence, and location error, and analysis of other Government- defined performance metrics.
Qualifications required summary:
- Bachelor's Degree in related engineering discipline (space systems, aero, EE, some others)
- At least 8 years of experience in space system engineering, at least 5 of those in DoD/military projects
- Recent work on DoD space situational awareness and/or defensive space related programs
- TS/SCI cleared
- Experience in system and operational requirements development and analysis
- Ability to work with minimal supervision on highly technical projects
- Excellent at routine multi-tasking, priority balancing, and dynamic planning
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communications capabilities
- Experience with RF link modeling process and application
- Experience with EM/RF modeling and simulation
- Extensive AoA, Military Utility Analysis (MUA), and trade studies for space warfighter missions
- Proficient in several of these systems: Advance Framework for Simulation, Integration and Modeling (AFSIM), System Effectiveness Analysis Simulation (SEAS), Space Brawler and Satellite Trajectory and Attitude Kinematic (SATRAK).
Full comprehensive benefits package. Relocation provided on case-by-case basis.