Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. If your earliest start date is within 90 days and you meet the requirements listed in the job description, please apply. Want to skip the search? Fill out a profile and our team will send you the jobs that are the best match via email or text.
Software Implementation Engineer
Portland, OR US
Working remotely, you will travel from your home weekly to customer installation projects across the US. Ideally, you will live near a major airport for the easiest routing of your travels. Candidates who are open to basing themselves out of Chicago are ideal based on the proximity to the corporate offices where you will train.
The job is looking for someone who has the following abilities:
- Able to lead a software implementation from development of plan to final acceptance
- Carry out technical assignments to install, modify, and repair software systems at customer sites providing root cause analysis for any problems found with minimal assistance or supervision
- Assume responsibility for project management, prioritizing equipment and technical issues for immediate corrective actions, communication with pertinent parties, and completing personal and on-site team assignments within time expectations, and without the need for rework
- Effective and efficient troubleshooting, while working in potentially high-pressure circumstances, to achieve 100 percent problem resolution of repair activity with 24 hours of arrival at customer site
- Operate and program machines, understanding all technical aspects and machine parameter functions that affect the use of software functions
- Work with the development group to resolve bugs and implement software enhancements
- Provide customers with timely and accurate technical information in a positive and straightforward manner
- Provide assistance and consult with customers in the site preparation for software installations
- Ability to trouble shoot complex network communication issues and application software errors, for the server and clients, to determine the root cause of communication errors and write a thorough technical report
- Understand the ESXI server environment, Red Hat and Linux operating system, SQL, Windows server
- Understand use, configuration and installation of network hardware: switches, routes, scanners, and access points
- Read software debug log and pinpoint areas of concern for problem resolution
- Assist in covering calls from customers and as directed by the Regional Service Manager
- Research issues to resolve customer complaints and ensure that the customer is satisfied with an excellent overall customer experience in doing business
This is an awesome mix of IT support, implementation, and customer service for one of the largest and well-known companies in their industry. The company has a strong history of hiring military veterans and many of the companies hiring managers are former military.
Salary plus targeted bonus. Medical, dental, vision, and a 401k.