Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. If you are able to start your new career within 90 days and meet the position requirements listed in the job description, feel free to apply. If you are not available to work within the next 90 days, but would like to work with Bradley-Morris on finding your next career, please complete an application here https://mapp.bradley-morris.com to get started.
St. Louis, MO
- Have knowledgeable of PLC's, transformers, transmitters and other boiler controls.
- Wire all controls and motors for watertube and firetube boilers and auxiliary equipment.
- Rebuild control valves and regulators.
- Build and test control panel using Engineering wiring schematic and layout.
- Build and test fuel skids using Engineering wiring schematic and layout.
- Build and test condensate tanks and deaerators.
- Trim out firetube and watertube boilers.
- Perform start-up of Rental boilers in field.
- Assist departments as required.
- Reads blueprints and wiring schematics.
- Able to trouble shoot, fire, and set combustion on all types of boilers, including but not limited to boiler with superheaters, desuperheaters, and economizers.
- Determines valve trim, regulator size and spring, oil gun length and size, and all other parts and accessories needed to fire any boiler.
- Able to fire and set combustion on boiler with all types of pneumatic controls.
- Able to fire and set combustion on boiler with all types of electrical controls.
- Able to train other employees on the operation and controls of boilers.
- Maintain condition of and inventory of all tools and monitors.
- Apply intellect, creativity, adaptability, judgment, and management skills to achieve required results.
- Ensure duties and company projects are accomplished in an efficient and cost effective manner.
- Support peers and management with internal and external projects.
- Adhere to company policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Physical skill and effort:
Requires stooping, climbing, bending, crawling, and lifting 50 pounds, working in confined and elevated areas, and prolonged standing
Working conditions and hazards:
Some work in physical plant environment where plant orientation may be required and safety precautions are required. May encounter some unpleasant working conditions of brief duration. Little to no contact with hazardous conditions.
Do you qualify:
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to read and work from blueprints and schematics
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions
- Must have a broad knowledge of boiler controls
- Mechanical and electrical background a must
- Must have the ability to trouble shoot boilers and auxiliary equipment
- Must be able to retrofit control systems in the field
- Must have the ability and knowledge to trouble shoot systems with no schematic
Experience: Six (6) years of boiler experience required on the electrical and control environment.
This description indicates the general nature of the tasks and responsibilities required of position given this classification. It is not intended as a complete list of specific duties and responsibilities. Nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of management to assign, direct, and control the specific duties of individuals performing this function. The Company reserves the right to change, modify, amend, add to or delete from any section of this document as it deems, in its judgment, to be proper. This description supersedes any previous descriptions for this position
Company car and credit card, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, wellness benefits, life insurance, short term and long-term disability, cash matching 401(k) plan, generous vacation and 11 paid holidays.