Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. If you are able to start your new career within 90 days and meet the position requirements listed in the job description, feel free to apply. If you are not available to work within the next 90 days, but would like to work with Bradley-Morris on finding your next career, please complete an application here https://mapp.bradley-morris.com to get started.
Senior Project Manager
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assisting with consultant procurement and manage internal and external resources to adequately staff the project delivery team.
- Coordinating efforts with the selected consultant and internal resources during all phases of the project to prepare construction documents and complete related support tasks (that is, various reports including engineering, drainage, geotechnical, environmental and traffic, utility conflict tables, cost estimates, and ROW acquisitions) to successfully bid and award projects.
- Ensuring quality assurance instruments, risk management, regulatory compliance, utility deconfliction, and permitting is properly executed during all project phases following the Project Management Institute (PMI) business model.
- Balancing details and technical aspects with functional requirements such that project expectations are met within budget and schedule constraints.
- Communicating effectively with senior management, elected officials and their staff and other agencies.
- Perform other duties that may be added or changed as the course and scope of the job directs.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology, Construction Science or Construction Management from an accredited university.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of professional experience in project management with multidiscipline projects and leadership experience in a professional team or resource group environment including:
- Administration of finances associated with project management, that is, cost estimation and budgeting.
- Proven ability to lead negotiations with consultants, other agencies and stakeholders to procure resources and formalize cooperative relationships that achieve project goals.
- Proven ability to deliver projects within scope, schedule and budget.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills, and the ability to deal tactfully with a diverse group of people in a professional manner in a complex organization.
- Ability to read and comprehend construction plans, estimates and specifications.
- Ability to exercise flexibility in accommodating shifting priorities, demands, and schedules.
- Valid driver's license (Texas upon hire), a good driving record and, the ability to drive a County vehicle to various job sites as needed to accomplish tasks and project.
Note: An Honorable Discharge from the military with a United States Army 12 series (Engineering) MOS or other military branch equivalent and a minimum rank of O-3 may be considered to replace experience requirements. (To qualify, military experience and rank must be clearly documented on your application employment history).
- Licensed Professional Engineer.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Project management and construction experience of road and bridge projects.
- Project management experience of disaster recovery projects.
- Monday - Friday
- Subject to early mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Will be commensurate with experience
- Based on 26 pay periods