Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. If your earliest start date is within 90 days and you meet the requirements listed in the job description, please apply. Want to skip the search? Fill out a profile and our team will send you the jobs that are the best match via email or text.
Senior Project Manager
The Senior Project Manager (SPM) is the master of all aspects of Project Management, with proven experience in delivering successful projects as well as developing successful people. The SPM should have proven documented experience in the areas listed below.
Field expertise, proven experience in:
- Installation of large scale electrical project portfolio exceeding $20M in total, such as data centers, hospitals, universities, power generation plants, switchgear, airports, and so on.
- Electrical Construction best practices
- Interpreting electrical and architectural design drawings
- Understanding and conforming to Electrical Code requirements
- Understanding and conforming to OSHA requirements
Managing Projects, proven experience in:
- Understanding complex contract language, with the ability to disseminate down to the individual requirements for site personnel
- Creating estimates and bid packages
- Creating and managing a budget
- Creating and meeting forecasts
- Proactively planning ahead
- Managing scope-creep
- Managing working relationships and communications with GCs and Owners, anticipating and avoiding obstacles before they happen
- Completing all projects in their portfolio of responsibility:
- Under budget
- Ahead of schedule
- With a positive Customer Satisfaction survey result
Managing their people, proven experience in:
-Being a consummate example of leadership always, first and foremost, then training others to also be leaders for those whom they manage
- Understanding the strengths and weaknesses of the people they manage, and constantly developing/coaching/mentoring all their direct reports to achieve their highest potential
-Creating and managing a development plan for their people at all levels of their career path, providing coaching/mentoring/tools/training/resources to improve their areas of weakness
- Establishing effective means of communication between the field and office personnel
- Developing a robust Project Management Training Plan for PM-1 and PM-2 levels
- Ensure all personnel receive adequate exposure to all facets of the business, grooming them for future growth opportunities
- Enable and empower people to step up and be ready to accept new challenges at any time
Managing the Process, proven experience in:
- Fostering the culture of Project Management Center of Excellence
- Establishing discipline and setting controls to ensure adherence to best practices
- Establish daily/weekly/monthly cadence to track status of scope/schedule/cost for all projects
- Establish measurable criteria for project requirements, at each step in the lifecycle, and make those requirements scalable for both small and large projects
Sr PM knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, and tools for developing, budgeting, scheduling, and managing projects.
- Knowledge of electrical construction process.
- Skill to interface with clients and customers to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, and satisfy or exceed their expectations resulting in the generation of new business.
- Skill to produce and maintain a project schedule with critical path and planned float.
- Ability to interpret complex construction drawings and specifications.
- Ability to use MS Office Programs, and general computer platforms (MS Outlook, MS Project, Procore, ConEst, and Spectrum).
Sr PM Preferred Education and Qualifications:
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in a technical field, Business Administration, or equivalent work experience.
- Ten (10) years of construction trade experience in electrical construction
- Ten (10) years of experience successfully completing projects up to $20M in size within planned scope, schedule, and cost, with positive customer satisfaction experience
- Three (3) years of experience in Business Development, expanding the business.