Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. If your earliest start date is within 90 days and you meet the requirements listed in the job description, please apply. Want to skip the search? Fill out a profile and our team will send you the jobs that are the best match via email or text.
Senior Project Engineer
Gainesville, FL US
You will work out of Gainesville but must be open to travel. The travel pattern usually one week a month at their customer sites in the Caribbean and Mexico, 20-30% during the year. You will oversee 2 Engineers and 2 Construction Supervisors. You will be leading, but also working with current engineers on project design, installation and the completion of projects. The vice president is Prior Navy and a RecruitMilitary Alumni.
Essential job functions:
- Provides engineering expertise and support for water and wastewater EPC projects
- Responsible for the overall design, direction, coordination, implementation, execution,
control, and completion of all water/wastewater engineering projects
- Manages simultaneous day-to-day projects; delivers designs to agreed specifications
within time and budget constraints
- Adjusts project schedules and targets as needed and communicates project plans,
project status, costs, conflicts, and milestones effectively with clients and internal teams
- Makes effective decisions when presented with multiple options on how to progress with
- Directly manages client relations, expectations, and communication for any ongoing
projects under their supervision
- Performs site visits and assists with cost estimation and feasibility studies
- Prepares current and accurate costing; formulates cost models and quotes
- Assists with the commissioning of projects when necessary
- Travels internationally approximately 30% of the time
- Supervises junior project engineers, project managers and installation supervisors
- Evaluates performance, and recommends changes to achieve overall objectives
- Confers with team members, owners, consultants, engineers, architects, contractors,
and others to plan and implement projects, anticipating and resolving issues
- Responsible for the design and preparation of plans, specifications, budgets, timelines,
resources and cost estimates for changes, additions, deletions to current and new
engineering projects and budget preparation
- Prepare, schedule, coordinate, and monitor assigned engineering projects
- Implements and manages project changes and interventions to achieve stated goals
- Coordinates the preparation, review, and approval of engineering analyses and
specifications and develops and maintains various reports
- Specifies equipment and assists with the creation and review of project bill of materials.
Looking for a strong engineer with leadership capabilities. Candidate will need a PE license, if not in Florida they can help with obtaining process.
Base salary, with great benefits and 401k.