Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. If your earliest start date is within 90 days and you meet the requirements listed in the job description, please apply. Want to skip the search? Fill out a profile and our team will send you the jobs that are the best match via email or text.
Senior Electrical Testing Engineer
All power systems are subjected to continual electrical, mechanical, and environmental stresses. Performing regular preventive electrical maintenance of these systems is the best way to avoid costly failures and preventable downtime. This company has extensive experience in planning, implementing, and performing preventive electrical maintenance programs for low, medium, and high voltage electrical equipment from most major manufacturers. You will find their personnel to be professional and responsive to the needs of management, engineers, contractors and consultants. When you call the company for service, you will not just get the next available technician. The operations manager assigns all field personnel strictly based on the job requirements, ensuring that the work is done safely and correctly. They are a full member of the International Electrical Testing Association. Their electrical test technicians are NETA certified requiring ongoing training and testing to maintain their certification. Their in-house training program focuses on job safety for our personnel, electrical testing-troubleshooting, apparatus maintenance, report writing and NETA test methods and procedures. Their field personnel are equipped with regularly calibrated test equipment, job safety equipment and personal arc flash protection gear.
- Commute to various commercial, industrial and institutional customer
- Sites working as part of a field service team under the direction of a job leader at all times
- Perform maintenance tasks and testing of electrical switchgear as trained
- Apply knowledge in AC/DC theory, single phase and three phase
- Apply knowledge of UPS principles
- Reads schematics/diagrams and understands ladder logic
- Conducts electrical tests required including conducting path resistance, insulation resistance, specialty tests for air, vacuum, and gas breakers, dynamic testing/motion testing of breakers, tests of close coils, trip coils, charging motors, aux. Contacts, and so on
- Maintenance required to be performed on the various types of generators
- Work on various mechanical devices including mechanisms, linkages, electrical panels, and other types of moving parts
- Loading and unloading of equipment
- Other duties as assigned
Formal training, OJT, and shadowing of senior techs
Location: Robbinsville, NJ (1 hour south of NYC and 45 minutes north of Philly metro area). You must live within a 45-mile radius of Robbinsville, NJ.
Travel: You will travel throughout the region day to day but will be home most every night.
Compensation: $28 - $38 per hour + Overtime at time and half per year + Full Benefits + Profit Sharing. Tons of professional training and growth! Extremely competitive salary, you will make six figures total compensation your 1st year in this role.