Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. If you are able to start your new career within 90 days and meet the position requirements listed in the job description, feel free to apply. If you are not available to work within the next 90 days, but would like to work with Bradley-Morris on finding your next career, please complete an application here https://mapp.bradley-morris.com to get started.
New York City, NY
As the Safety Director you will be responsible for managing the safety and risk associated with construction projects and company operations. As the Safety Director will proactively plan, direct and implement the Company's safety program to ensure a safe, healthy and accident free work environment. The Safety Director is in charge of the Safety Department which currently consists of Director Corporate Compliance, Corporate Safety Manager and Multiple Project Safety Managers in ensuring each construction project is conducting operations in a safe manner for the protection of our employees, clients, subcontractors and the general public.
The Safety Director ensures compliance with all applicable federal, state, county and local safety related regulations. The Safety Director sets the tone for corporate safety and risk management, demonstrates strong leadership skills, works well in a team environment, has excellent communication skills and strives to enrich the Company Culture.
- Oversees the Field Safety Manager in ensuring compliance with all aspects of managing Site Specific Safety Plans.
- The Safety Manager shall provide advice on special problems and be notified immediately of any serious incidents and OSHA/DOB citations.
- Is responsible for assuring that all projects are planned during pre-construction and audited periodically to assure program effectiveness. Results of any planning and program auditing will be reported to all levels of TGN management.
- Review any safety issues and operate as a technical resource to both field operations and project management.
- Review of the adequacy and assure compliance with medical and first aid supplies, personal protective equipment, and the implementation of the safety programs SOPs.
- Assure that each project is set up with a Site-Specific Safety and Health Program, Safety orientations, and all necessary safety related documentation.
- Review the adequacy of procedures and enforcement of the contract safety clauses as they pertain to subcontractors, vendors, and service firms.
- Review the adequacy of procedures and enforcement of Hold Harmless Agreements with vendors and service firms.
- Review recommendations for improvements of all of the aforementioned items.
- Shall devise, study and implement newer methods and approaches to safety that may be applicable to sound safety management.
- Shall be the designated person to respond to DOB, DOT, DEP, FDNY, and OSHA compliance visits and to establish strategies for citation contests.
- Shall review the reports containing data of all incidents.
- Shall implement immediate corrective action regarding noncompliance with Safety Program and Federal, State and Local Codes and regulations.
- Shall check with Shop Stewards and Trade Contractor's Safety Representatives on disposition of safety related matters.
- Coordinate, schedule, and facilitate all subcontractor Pre-Construction Safety Planning Meetings.
- Manage selection, conduct with oversight responsibility for the project safety committee.
- Assist in all regulatory visits.
- Monitor Tool Box Talks conducted by subcontractors to assure documentation. Periodically attend Subcontractors meetings.
- Shall assure all accident-reporting procedures are followed and conduct timely and thorough accident investigations.
- The Director shall provide advice on special problems and be notified immediately of any serious incidents and OSHA/DOB citations.
- Review any safety issues, and operate as a technical resource.