Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. If your earliest start date is within 90 days and you meet the requirements listed in the job description, please apply. Want to skip the search? Fill out a profile and our team will send you the jobs that are the best match via email or text.
Quality Assurance Inspector
Visually inspect or check parts using a variety of precision measuring instruments, or against fixed samples. Check dimensions and finishes against blueprint or work order specifications.
At this level, may perform finishing operations to correct rejected parts or assist with other production activities. This position specializes in the inspection process.
- Inspect incoming purchased parts per procedures developed by the QA Department. Document findings on an inspection sheet and store parts in racking using the Locator database.
- Perform 1st piece inspection on all company's machined parts. Use blueprints and handheld gauges to accept or reject machined parts.
- Inspect in-process machined parts for established quality standards. Stock shelves with approved inspected parts that are ready for product/assembly use. Identify to purchasing any rejected parts by submitting Notice of Discrepancies (NOD).
- Collect casting scrap quarterly and report findings to Purchasing.
- Verify and file inspection reports, Material Test Reports (MTR), Certificates of Compliance (CoC) for Government product.
- Inspect and manage customer-owned and supplied material (in other words, Automatic Temperature Control Valves (ATCs.)
- Manage outside services, such as coatings and machining, by preparing and shipping out raw materials to a specified supplier per an Oracle work order.
- Facilitate the client's Return Material Authorizations (RMAs) - proper disassemble and inventory. Documentation of RMA into Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software.
- Disposition of Non-Conforming Material (NCM) per procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Perform within the physical and environmental demands of the job, as described in Section E: Working Conditions.
Additional job responsibilities:
- Flow test diaphragms and orifices to establish accuracy of company's standards prior to assembly or shipment.
- Perform the following audits per QA procedures: Work instructions, final product prior to shipping, 5S, drawing revision levels, rubber cure dates, and inventory locators.
- Calibrate hand-held gauges for commercial parts (in other words, calipers, micrometers, and rings) per procedures and maintain inventory.
- Maintain NSF61, ABS, and UL certifications for all applicable parts.
- Operate the hydrostatic test machine and hose burst test stand when required.
- Facilitate corrective action activities per QA Manager's request. This includes quarantining and testing suspected defects.
$45 - $55k base salary with company perks and competitive benefits with further details to follow.