Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. To apply, if you have not already filled out a candidate application, start the process here: https://mapp.bradley-morris.com.
Your objective in this role is to procure all supplies and materials at competitive prices and terms. Maintain appropriate inventory levels to meet production and business needs. Provide management with information to assist in operational decision-making.
Requirements and duties:
- Implement purchasing and contract management instructions, policies and procedures
- Resolve vendor or contractor grievances, and claims against suppliers
- Review purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy
- Review, evaluate, and approve specifications for issuing requisitions
- Administer on-line purchasing systems
- Arrange for disposal of surplus materials
- Locate vendors of materials, equipment or supplies, and interview them in order to determine product availability and terms of sales
- Maintain records of goods ordered and received
- Prepare and process requisitions and purchase orders for supplies, services and equipment
- Ensure purchased items are delivered timely and as specified on the purchase order
- Represent the company in negotiating with suppliers. This information can be exchanged in person, in writing, or by telephone or email.
- Getting Information - Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources
- Monitoring and Controlling Resources - Monitoring and controlling resources and overseeing the spend of money
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems - Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Communicating with Supervisors or Peers - Providing information to supervisors and co-worker by telephone, email or in-person
- Documenting / Recording Information - Entering, transcribing, recording, storing, or maintain information in written or electronic/magnetic form
- Knowledge or business principles involved in strategic planning, production methods and coordination of resources
- Must have Excel experience
- Economic and Accounting principles and practices