Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. If your earliest start date is within 90 days and you meet the requirements listed in the job description, please apply. Want to skip the search? Fill out a profile and our team will send you the jobs that are the best match via email or text.
Project Application and Hardware Engineering Manager
Roanoke, VA US
They are looking for a manager who will oversee the project application and hardware engineers. The application engineers design and spec power control equipment, while the hardware engineers develop and design the control circuitry and control panels. Your job will be to lead this team and develop and maintain an engineering department capable of meeting Business Unit Mid-Range Plan commitments within a set of capital and human resources over a rolling 1-2 year period.
- Build and lead a team of committed and capable employees to ensure successful engineering of products and systems delivered to clients
- Create, implement, and monitor a process for efficient resource assignments
- Develop, monitor, and manage the team engineering capitalization budgets to meet business targets
- Provide input for the development, implementation, and management of a process to acquire and monitor key information on engineering performance, such as, but not limited to, sales, costs, margin and schedules, as requested
- Use project performance data to make or suggest necessary adjustments to ensure that sales and margins on engineering projects meet business unit targets
- Provide input for the development, implementation, and management of a process, to provide status updates to business and functional units, and clients, and proactively recommend improvements, as requested
- Provide input for the development of a process to track and measure quality and efficiency, as requested
- Identify opportunities, initiate, and lead the process improvement initiatives
- Define and implement a process to monitor skill bases within the team and report opportunities for skills improvement to immediate manager
- Ensure skills database is accurate and current
- Ensure team members possess the necessary knowledge and skills, and are trained to meet current and future needs per the business unit (BU) MRP
Base salary, full relocation, plus bonuses, retirement, and benefits.