Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. If your earliest start date is within 90 days and you meet the requirements listed in the job description, please apply. Want to skip the search? Fill out a profile and our team will send you the jobs that are the best match via email or text.
Program Director - NAVFAC
Jacksonville, FL US
They are looking for a Program Director. This position requires a qualified professional engineer or licensed architect to provide programmatic oversite for the design and construction of a variety of projects, including all disciplines (civil, structural, mechanical, electrical, geotechnical, fire protection, architectural, interior design, and CADD). Commissioning requirements supporting military/commercial/industrial new and retrofit for building and infrastructure construction.
This position provides leadership, oversight, direction, management, delegation, and coordination with internal staff and external organizations to ensure successful project completion. Experience applying the skills required to projects for DoD facilities, including demonstrating an understanding of the unique requirements of the active military is regarded as a plus. The candidate supervises small teams of multiple engineers and scientists of various technical disciplines for specific project actions.
- Review client source control drawings, specification control drawings and other applicable specifications to determine requirements and/or feasibility of the component
- Participate in the planning, designing, and monitoring of projects for substantial new construction, renovation and improvement projects for real property facilities encompassing highly specialized or unique requirements
- Prepare preliminary design proposal(s)
- Interact with production personnel to define and solve design issues and implement cost reduction ideas with regard to company products
- Work with the VP of Operations to define problem areas and implement product improvements, based on client concerns
- Negotiate with subcontractors for services related to projects
- Maintain the contract files
- Participate in the design review as required
- Prepare proposal documentation
- Establish and maintain communications among all project and program stakeholders.
- Keep the Division Manager advised of work status, workload, problems, and progress as related to work assignments
- Provide overall technical direction and oversight of assigned program
- Work with assigned Project Managers to plan assigned project(s) including scope, schedule, cost, safety, and quality aspects
- Ensure projects with assigned program are executed according to plans within approved scope, cost and schedule constraints
- Review scope of technical issues and outline technical approach to solutions
- Effectively communicate with appropriate management
- Review analysis of budget, schedule, and technical performance of projects to identify lessons learned and develop any corrective actions required
- Identify and develop new service areas
- Ensure that staff levels and qualifications are maintained to meet program requirements and growth objectives through participating in the interview process
Base salary, full benefits and annual bonuses, relocation available.