Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. If your earliest start date is within 90 days and you meet the requirements listed in the job description, please apply. Want to skip the search? Fill out a profile and our team will send you the jobs that are the best match via email or text.
The Production Supervisor is accountable for safety, quality, on-time delivery, productivity, material handling, cost performance, employee relations and continuous improvement for assigned shift/department.
The job requires adhering to production planning, following QMS procedures including ISO9001: 2008/2015 standards and Lean Manufacturing methodologies. Employ Lean methodologies and tools in order to accomplish business objectives.
The job requires efficient use of resources (labor, materials, and equipment) to manufacture quality products at the lowest cost and delivers to the customer on time, every time.
The position supervises and coordinates the activities of hourly employees on the assigned shift.
This position is also responsible for supporting the implementation and maintenance of World Class manufacturing practices and regulatory compliance for the assigned shift.
- Take a leadership role in plant safety; Establish an environment, influence behaviors and manage systems/processes to drive towards a state where people believe zero injuries and incidents are possible
- Assure that safety policies and regulatory guidelines are always followed by all employees.
- Direct shift in continuous improvement initiatives, such as Behavior-Based Safety, 6 Sigma, Kaizen events, and lean manufacturing.
- Coordinate production scheduling on shift to meet customer demands, manage overtime, minimize inventory, and reduce costs.
- Support quality initiative to ensure the product meets or exceeds customer expectations.
- Assure that manufacturing is focused on making quality products by reviewing/auditing and following all manufacturing procedures, work instructions, and recipe.
- Ensure employees complete required quality checks and audits.
- Ensure the proper and adequate training of all employees
- Escalate quality issues on a timely basis taking actions including production stoppage if warranted.
- Inspect the quality of materials and alert the appropriate personnel of material issues/failures.
- Inspect the quality of the machinery and reporting equipment failures to the maintenance department.
- Drive customer-centric mindset and culture by utilizing Lean/Six Sigma tools.
- Direct supervision of all hourly employees on the shift.
- Interview applicants, make hiring recommendations; conduct employee evaluations and document employee performance including but not limited to safety, attendance, punctuality on the job behavior, throughput and quality.
- Monitor, control and evaluate membrane manufacturing processes under the direction of the Director of Manufacturing/Manufacturing Manager and in coordination with Manufacturing Technology/Innovation & Technology team.
- Investigate process problems, propose and implement improvements.
- Optimize and debottleneck processes; propose cost-saving measures.
- Use database/data logging systems to analyze production output, quality, cost and other operational measures to detect production problems.
- Prepare regular production metrics to track the performance of process systems.
- Analyze process data to assure processes are performing to expectations and process yields are met
- Recommend preventive/predictive maintenance strategies and practices; understand and communicate unit capacities to support the production planning process.
- Develop Team Leads to effectively oversee the daily routines of their assigned Team Members.
- Build and maintain productive employee relationships, driving employee satisfaction.
- Provide direction, training, and development as needed.
- Provide coaching, counseling, or discipline as needed.
- Recommend disciplinary action to the Production Manager.
Base Pay is $80 -$95, plus top tier benefits. Huge opportunity to grow.