Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. If you are able to start your new career within 90 days and meet the position requirements listed in the job description, feel free to apply. If you are not available to work within the next 90 days, but would like to work with Bradley-Morris on finding your next career, please complete an application here https://mapp.bradley-morris.com to get started.
Essential duties and responsibilities (essential duties and responsibilities include the following; other duties may be assigned):
- Supervise all production activities in accordance with corporate and plant policies, programs, and standards concerning safety, quality, productivity and cost.
- Provide continual leadership and guidance to team members for the purpose of increasing their effectiveness and establishing good working relationships.
- Actively promote plant safety and environmental programs and procedures that are in compliance with corporate and regulatory requirements.
- Actively promote adherence to corporate Quality, Sanitation, GMP and HACCP standards to achieve a finished product within quality control specifications.
- Manage staffing levels to current labor standards requirements.
- Assign responsibilities to team members, as required to meet planned production schedules.
- Coordinate the proper training of team members within the assigned department.
- Apply disciplinary actions in accordance with plant policies and procedures.
- Review shift activities and results, making adjustments as required for continuous improvement.
- Investigate production delays and take corrective action as necessary.
- Keep management informed of the status of production and promptly notify management of issues impacting production.
- Coordinate the storage and rework of quality control hold products with appropriate plant personnel.
- Promote an environment conducive to teams, teamwork, and line-driven accountability.
- Complete special projects, duties and assignments, as appropriate.
- Track and analyze appropriate data to support meeting department targets for Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good organization skills
- Belief in teaching and coaching others
- Self- motivated and able to motivate/inspire others
- Collaborative team player
- Good conflict management skills
- Strives to continuously improve as a leader
- Able to effectively give and receive feedback
- Two (2) to Three (3) plus years of leading employees in a manufacturing environment.
- Lean Manufacturing experience. Preferred experience in food production/packaging environment and/or automotive.
- Experience working with Continuous Improvement methodologies.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Power Point and Excel and/or demonstrate the ability to learn multiple computer applications.
Skills and proficiencies:
- Ability to analyze data and information, and to make effective and timely decisions.
- Ability to work under pressure and to react to situations with a strong sense of urgency.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate throughout all levels of the organization.
- Solid problem solving, project management, multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
- Detail oriented, organized, reliable and resourceful.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and within a team environment.
- Associate degree required in any related field (Engineering; Industrial; Business.) Bachelor's degree strongly preferred.
This position provides direct supervision to production personnel. In the absence of other functional supervisors (that is, Maintenance, Warehouse, and so on), the Supervisor may be required to provide assistance and direction to ensure work continues and is completed as needed for the business. The Supervisor will be responsible for communicating to their immediate manager of situations that come up.
Full benefits, relocation between $5 - $9k - dependent on marriage and housing status.