Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. If your earliest start date is within 90 days and you meet the requirements listed in the job description, please apply. Want to skip the search? Fill out a profile and our team will send you the jobs that are the best match via email or text.
Cedar Rapids, IA
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand and effectively manage all employee safety programs to ensure proper procedures are followed. Act immediately upon unsafe conditions or behavior.
- Understand and manage all food safety programs and closely monitor key areas.
- Effectively communicate with employees in a respectful manner. Provide employees with clear expectations and follow up on their performance. Write and conduct formal performance reviews annually.
- Ensure procedures of followed. Correct any deficiencies.
- Provide employees with training and resources to effectively meet performance standards.
- Plan production runs and modify as needed to maximize throughput or meet customer demands.
- Manage and direct employees in an effective and fair manner.
- Monitor operations and anticipate or follow up on various operation and personnel issues.
- Provide positive and constructive feedback on employee performance. Implement progressive discipline as needed in a fair and objective manner.
- Accurately communicate relevant operations and personnel information to management in a timely manner.
- Troubleshoot mechanical and process problems. Perform minor maintenance on machines and equipment.
- Effectively manage shift maintenance personnel.
- Analyze, process, and act upon operational data per procedural standards.
- Manage inventories of raw materials, packaging supplies, and finished product. Follow up on Oracle inventories and correct as needed. Enter and/or adjust production batches. Perform physical counts.
Other duties may be assigned depending upon operational needs
- Directly supervise 4-9 employees in the Compressed Yeast and Nutritional departments.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities policies and applicable laws.
- Interview and train employees
- Plan, assign, and direct work; appraise performance; reward and discipline employees
- Address complaints and resolve problems.
3 days on and 2 days off, then 2 on and 3 off set schedule that rotates - night shift rotating 3/2/3/2 (5pm - 5am)