Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. If your earliest start date is within 90 days and you meet the requirements listed in the job description, please apply. Want to skip the search? Fill out a profile and our team will send you the jobs that are the best match via email or text.
Cambridge, Dist of Columbia
Provide support to hourly team members in the areas of safety, productivity, quality, cost, equipment, and engagement.
Responsible for the set-up of materials, equipment, machine operation and packaging of WIP and finished goods for delivery to the warehouses.
Direct and lead a team of hourly team members. Foster and promote continuous improvement and a positive work environment.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Interpret safety policies/practices to employees including enforcing safe work practices. Supports and drives for completion of audits/actions.
- Utilize available data to continuously improve productivity, up-time and reliability.
- Ensure product quality by understanding and communicating customer needs to employees and managing expectations for quality. Understands top quality drivers and top customer complaints from area.
- Assist employees in diagnosing malfunctions in work and machine activities.
- Communicate effectively with peers, subordinates, supervisors and management.
- Requisition and maintain supply of materials and tools for the area.
- Communicate company policies to hourly team members and train them in standard work practices and procedures for safety, quality, productivity, and efficiency.
- Interpret specifications and job orders to employees and assign duties based upon work priority, quantity of equipment, and skill of personnel. Participate as support for disciplinary actions.
- Recommend measures to improve safety, quality of product, production methods, and equipment performance. Use of CI tools and SRC is recommended approach.
- Train staff in the areas of safety quality, productivity, cost and equipment.
- In conjunction with HR and management, provide performance management for assigned team members that include appraisal/performance evaluation, coaching and counseling, conflict resolution, corrective action and training programs.
- Maintain time and production records and accurately complete all reports as required by the company.
- Maintain area in accordance with BRC standards and enforce product safety and sanitation regulations.
- Support and participate in continuous improvement events, projects, and "just do its."
- On occasion, perform activities of co-workers supervised and other duties as may be assigned.
- Supervisors will rotate to cover weekends for other departments.
- Leads SRC with team members and determines corrective/preventative actions to eliminate problems.