Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. If you are able to start your new career within 90 days and meet the position requirements listed in the job description, feel free to apply. If you are not available to work within the next 90 days, but would like to work with Bradley-Morris on finding your next career, please complete an application here https://mapp.bradley-morris.com to get started.
Production Management Development Program
Position purpose: Complete a Production Management Development Program (PMDP) training program in order to become a Production Supervisor in our high-speed manufacturing facilities across the country. This program provides an introduction to closure manufacturing that will serve as a foundation throughout the employee's career. This is a hands-on position that is heavily engaged in day-to-day production activities, manufacturing billions of metal closures on an annual basis. Individuals in the PMDP will work with experienced employees to learn to operate, maintain and adjust all production equipment. Upon completion of the PMDP, Production Supervisors are expected to effectively supervise assigned employees to efficiently produce a high-quality product.
This company is committed to the progression of its employees and has a history of career employees who continue to experience challenging and rewarding careers. Further advancement opportunities depend on individual leadership, management ability, and the capacity to assume greater responsibility.
Subordinate structure and functions:
- Number of employees supervised: 10-35
- Non/Exempt positions that report to this position: Hourly production, maintenance, and quality employees.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Required to learn, understand and positively impact safety, quality, standard operating procedures, employee relations, and continuous improvement.
- Safety - Train/enforce safety procedures/rules. Active involvement in employee safety, equipment guarding and ensuring an overall safe workplace.
- Quality - Apply SPC principles and basic quality tools (that is, diagrams, flow/run/control charts, analysis, and others).
- Standard Operating Procedures - Understand, use and train employees on SOPs. Must have the ability to lead manufacturing unit through use of SOPs
- Employee Relations - Develop effective communication skills that enable the ability to direct/assign work assignments in compliance with the collective bargaining agreement and cultivate a positive work environment. Supervisors are expected to develop and mentor employees.
- Continuous Improvement - Foster an environment conducive to achieving continuous improvement/lead objectives. Develop the ability to operate in a lean manufacturing environment using 5S and other continuous improvement tools.
Necessary knowledge, skills and abilities: Mechanical and technical skills/aptitude. Strong communication skills, ability to effectively influence others and problem solve. Must be self-motivated and work well with little to no supervision. Strong leadership skills with the ability to develop others. Performance management. Statistical knowledge. Computer skills - ability to use Microsoft Office Suite. Visual mechanics (blueprints and descriptions).
Location: Richmond, Indiana (1 hour east of Indianapolis, IN - 1.5 hours north of Cincinnati, OH - 45 minutes west of Dayton, OH)
Compensation: $55 - $65k Base Salary (Depending on Experience) + Sign on Bonus/Relocation Potential + 401k Match + Full Comprehensive Benefits Package!
Working hours: You will be required to train on a day shift for 3-6 months and work an off-shift position at first. The company currently runs four 12 hour shifts and the working hours would be from 6: 30pm - 6: 30am