Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. If you are able to start your new career within 90 days and meet the position requirements listed in the job description, feel free to apply. If you are not available to work within the next 90 days, but would like to work with Bradley-Morris on finding your next career, please complete an application here https://mapp.bradley-morris.com to get started.
New York City, NY
The company is built on a culture of innovation and they maintain and build cutting edge hardware and software solutions. They are looking for an ambitious, enthusiastic, and highly motivated Production Engineer to join our global Production Engineering team in New York. This is not your usual production support role; they are looking for someone who wouldn't be puzzled by the term Infrastructure as Code and is just as happy debugging a PowerShell script as they are tracing a call stack, troubleshooting an OS issue, or performing a deep dive into SQL performance issues.
This position is not about plugging in servers, tracing cables, and keeping the lights on (although there will be some of that), this is about working in an environment where automation is king. The ideal candidate will relish the opportunity to take on responsibility, have 2-4 years of relevant experience in an enterprise environment and have a proven record of accomplishment in problem solving using scripting and automating.
- Maintain the highest levels of systems availability - mostly proprietary applications, across the enterprise
- Identify root cause of issues, then prioritize and work independently to suggest and/or develop solutions
- First line IT infrastructure support including mobile devices, desktops, servers, network, and facilities
- Act as escalation contact for mission critical applications and drive solutions with complete end-to-end ownership
- Work closely with development and support staff, both locally and globally, to solve problems and provide solutions
- Tactical development and automation scripting utilizing PowerShell, Python, SQL, and so on
- Participate in global support model
- Assist with Business Continuity Planning - testing and management of BCP risk
- Experience scripting in PowerShell and/or Python.
- Microsoft SQL Server development/administration experience (for example, troubleshoot stored procedures and analyze SQL code)
- Experience in managing and troubleshooting Windows/AD, Linux, IIS
- One or more deployment models; Windows GP/DSC, GIT/Octopus, and so on
- ActiveBatch or similar automation toolset
- Knowledge/interest in cyber security
Relocation assistance available, top-tier benefits, 10% 401k match