Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. To apply, if you have not already filled out a candidate application, start the process here: https://mapp.bradley-morris.com.
Product Support Engineer
The primary responsibility of the Technical Sales Support Engineer position is to provide technical and product expertise to the sales organization and document those activities and associated scopes of work for the order management process of the company.
Supervision exercised: Indirect supervisor over Service Technicians
Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide technical assistance to the sales force beyond the scope of field sales personnel
- Develop systems concepts (including one-line diagrams) that provide sound solutions for customer needs utilizing AP equipment and, where required equipment from 3rd party vendors
- Develop scope of work for projects in conjunction with customers and engineers
- Conduct site inspections to gather information required to determine scope of work and provide information for systems solution designs
- Explain benefits, advantages, and features of the company products and services
- Prepare, or assist sales personnel prepare, proposals and quotations
- Develop technical strategies and tactics to develop solutions for customers
- Influence project specifications
- Develop long-term consultative relationships with customers and engineers
- Helps sales staff qualify projects from a technical standpoint with regard to applicability of AP equipment and services
- Prepare formal bids including pricing, specification and contractual terms compliance documents and any other supporting documentation required. Get input from other company departments as required. Assure that the company has the ability to perform as bid while achieving company gross margin guidelines
- Specify and obtain costs and lead times for ancillary equipment
- Assist project management with projects on an as needed basis
- Address SPRs (Special Project Requests) according to the SPR procedure
- Document bids, scopes of work, SPR solutions, in detail so that all information necessary for the company to fulfill orders profitably, within promised lead times and in accordance with company policies while meeting customer expectations
- Provide continuing education on the technical aspects of our products and services to the sales force as part of the day to day technical sales support
- Other duties as assigned
Base Salary + Full Comprehensive Benefits Package
Working hours: Monday - Friday typical working hours are 8: 00am - 5: 00pm (CST) with some exceptions depending on the companies needs.