Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. If your earliest start date is within 90 days and you meet the requirements listed in the job description, please apply. Want to skip the search? Fill out a profile and our team will send you the jobs that are the best match via email or text.
The Process Engineer also creates specifications for new equipment and is involved in the layout and commissioning of equipment and materials.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Root cause corrective actions and scrap reduction
- Improving process yields, through-put, flexibility, productivity and capacity
- Developing and improving processes; and documenting procedures
- Use of Six Sigma methods including SPC, FMEA, CpK, and A3 reports
- Designing, specifying and commissioning tools, equipment, tests and methods
- Determining and communicating process capabilities to meet customer requirements
- Coordinating with the training department
- Supporting introductions of new materials
- Interaction with sister cable plants in Brazil, Germany, Russia, and Asia
- Reports to and receives instructions from the Senior Engineering Manager
- BS Engineering; (prefer Mechanical, Manufacturing, or Industrial Engineering Degree)
- Experience with plastics extrusion
- 3- 5 years' experience manufacturing engineering
- Six Sigma and Lean experience
- MS Office and CAD software capabilities
- Specific accomplishments such as scrap reduction, throughput improvements, project management, Six Sigma projects, Lean support and process stabilization
Decision making requirements:
- Responsible for making decisions on the design and implementation of manufacturing processes, equipment, and plants (from pilot to fully operational).
- Decide on the best concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of tasks.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Direction given or received:
- Typically reports to top management.
- May lead and direct the work of others.
- Employees are expected to serve as role models for safe work practices and behaviors. This includes following established health and safety policies and procedures, maintaining a clean, organized work area, wearing, and properly storing all personal protective equipment (PPE), and actively engaging as a safety conscious worker with personal safety and wellness as a priority.