Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. If your earliest start date is within 90 days and you meet the requirements listed in the job description, please apply. Want to skip the search? Fill out a profile and our team will send you the jobs that are the best match via email or text.
Power Systems Technician
San Jose, CA US
They are specifically looking for talent from the naval nuclear, naval MUSE, and army prime power talent to take on roles as a Power Systems Technician or NETA Technician, where you are expected to perform service, test and maintain various types of power transmission and distribution equipment.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Inspect, test, troubleshoot, perform start-up and collect data of low, medium and/ or high voltage (to 500kV) electrical systems, low, medium and high voltage switchgear and circuit breaker testing
- Perform inspections, maintenance, testing and repair of transformers, circuit breakers and all related equipment, 45 KVA to 130 MVA, dry type and oil filled
- Perform maintenance, testing, reconditioning and repair on circuit breakers, low voltage 480 volt (molded case and air-magnetic) medium voltage up to 15 KV (air-magnetic and vacuum)
- Experience filling and working with SF6 filled equipment and gas insulated switchgear, desired but not required.
- Test and inspect low and medium voltage cable installations
- Experience operating high voltage test equipment including Doble Power Factor test sets
- Perform start-up, troubleshooting and repair services on controls and transfer schemes
- Rotate emergency on-call duty and if called respond to customer emergencies in a timely manner
- All work and decisions shall be conducted in strict compliance of all regulatory laws
Other duties as assigned by manager
Base salary, full benefits and a401 with matching. A company vehicle, fuel card, a company credit card for expenses, an annual performance review, and reimbursement for your certification courses like NETA and PE licenses and have a CDL sponsorship program available.