Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. If your earliest start date is within 90 days and you meet the requirements listed in the job description, please apply. Want to skip the search? Fill out a profile and our team will send you the jobs that are the best match via email or text.
Power Production Technician
Bossier City, LA US
Do you have experience working with large scale generators? This company has extensive experience in cellular environmental maintenance, remote radar site maintenance, electrical production (generators), and all facets of heating and air conditioning. They specialize in fulfilling government generator contracts by tailoring services with cooperation and flexibility that meets client's needs. They also provide preventative maintenance, building maintenance, and emergency services for all generator needs.
In this role, the candidate will be responsible for the following duties:
- Troubleshoot equipment and service generator components including alternators, wiring harnesses, safety devices, transfer switches, starters, and battery systems
- Perform repairs and services on all makes and models of generator sets
- Inspections, repairs, services, and start-up load bank test requirements on equipment
- Apply proper engine technical skills in inspection, disassembly, failure analysis, assembly, diagnosis, and engine operating performance tests
- Identify the problem and cause of failure through logical troubleshooting steps, determine corrective action through inspection of failed parts
- Repair and troubleshooting engines such as Cummins, Detroit Diesel, John Deere, MTU and Volvo
- Must manage large complex projects through to completion
- Must be able to travel, in company service vehicle, throughout the local counties
- Must be able to be on-call for emergency services
- Experience in the repair and maintenance of generator systems from 8kW to 2800 kW preferred
- Mechanical and electrical knowledge consistent with the requirements of the industry
- Good communication skills, an enthusiastic attitude, and great customer service skills are a must
Base salary, medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO, overtime and potential sign on bonus.