Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. If your earliest start date is within 90 days and you meet the requirements listed in the job description, please apply. Want to skip the search? Fill out a profile and our team will send you the jobs that are the best match via email or text.
Power Production Civil Engineer
Specific job responsibilities:
Power Production Civil Engineer - Specialty: Dam Safety Engineering
This position reports to the Chief Dam Safety Engineer.
This position is responsible to assess, monitor, analyze and report on all dam safety engineering aspects associated with the Districts hydroelectric projects.
Write and/or review technical documents including letters, reports, studies and analyses for internal and external audiences including the FERC.
Compile, analyze, interpret and report-on dam monitoring data associated with dam performance.
Assist with all aspects of meeting the FERC Engineering Guidelines pertinent to the District hydroelectric projects, including, but not limited to: structural and geotechnical stability, hydraulic and hydrologic considerations, emergency action planning and dam instrumentation and monitoring.
- Review engineering work requests to determine scope, cost, and justification for the work request.
- Prepare technical specifications and Build material lists
- Generating new drawings or revise existing drawings.
- Inspecting equipment in the field, reviewing technical data outputs of various pieces of equipment, and analyzing variations from original designs.
- Coordinate and conduct engineering and other studies, projects, and systems
- Develop, implement, and coordinate procedures, functions, and activities
- Specify equipment, work with vendors, and obtain quotes as needed.
- Research and analyze technical information and data in order to prepare reports.
- Manage proper documentation, mapping, and safety planning for all aspects of client's infrastructure from hydro-electric facilities, power production infrastructure; ensure all documentation is properly stored in client's engineering application databases.
- Function as main point of contact with various internal and external stakeholders ensuring proper relationship development and communication policies are followed during all interactions; oversee contractors and consultants performing engineering work.
- Perform site inspections; meet with contract personnel, client employees, and other representatives to resolve problems and concerns and answer questions on issues/projects; assist with field inspections of projects for conformance to approved plans.
- Perform increasingly more responsible work as the employee gains experience and independently performs engineering duties.
- Formulation of budgets for projects including planning, design, regulatory, and construction phases.
- Perform Project Management for projects in accordance with District standards
- Prepare Project scopes
- Prepare estimates and project budgets
- Provide project justifications
- Assess project risks
- Maintain project schedules
- Perform related duties as required or assigned.
Majority of work is performed in a standard office setting but this position is also expected to perform visual inspections of the dams that can involve extensive walking and climbing on/within the Districts hydroelectric projects. Operation of a vehicle is required.