Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. If your earliest start date is within 90 days and you meet the requirements listed in the job description, please apply. Want to skip the search? Fill out a profile and our team will send you the jobs that are the best match via email or text.
Long Beach, CA
The Plant Manager will also be responsible for supervising production employees and operational performance; meeting established quality, productivity and cost objectives while ensuring adherence to safety and compliance programs and leads training and compliance initiatives for the plant operations.
- Provide leadership and direction for day-to-day operation over a team of entry-level production employees to meet demand of both external and internal customers
- Coordinate production to meet daily distribution requirements - including local delivery routes as well as daily shuttle needs
- Plan daily production activities for all shifts
- Support day to day distribution requirements
- Lead reliability, compliance, quality and safety programs for assigned area; ensures required government and/or environmental regulations are met
- Ensure team is fully trained in, committed to, and conduct their activities in accordance with all aspects of the company Safety and Quality systems and requirements, coordinating quality and safety training with Compliance Manager
- Monitor production/manpower levels within area of responsibility to ensure continued efficiency while anticipating problems and assisting with developing contingencies, reporting to plant management any problems, issues or production needs
- Identify issues and lead improvement plans in production processes, shift schedules, overtime levels, training, and so on, reporting all activities to plant management
- Manage and escalate equipment and product quality issues
- Responsible for maintaining adequate inventory of production supplies
- Oversee and manage inventory levels and complete DOT shipping documents
- Support 5S and Lean Projects and continuously identify ways to reduce plant operating costs through the incorporation of Operational Excellence strategies
- Handles routine personnel issues including training, coaching and counseling subordinates
- Other duties as assigned
This plant has about 25 people working at it and operates 24/7 365. However, you are not expected to be there around the clock. Once you get up to speed you flex your own schedule and check in during off shift or holidays as needed. Work about 50 hours/week.
You must be self-motivated and responsible as there is nobody checking up on you continuously. Praxair needs to hire someone they can trust to juggle their schedule and get the job done. You are the "unit commander".
Base salary will range from $85 - $100k and carries an annual bonus of up to 15%. There may be a company car provided and we are checking on that.