Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. If your earliest start date is within 90 days and you meet the requirements listed in the job description, please apply. Want to skip the search? Fill out a profile and our team will send you the jobs that are the best match via email or text.
The Plant Manager is responsible for directing all Operations and Maintenance (O&M) activities at the plant. The Plant Manager assures that an adequate supply of personnel, tools, equipment, and spare parts are available to provide for the safe and efficient operation of the plant.
Additionally you will assure that the plant is operated in compliance with applicable safety, environmental, and other regulatory requirements.
- Provides first line management and supervision for all plant supervisory and administrative operation and maintenance personnel.
- Responsible for developing safety procedures and ensuring a safe working environment is maintained.
- Responsible for selecting, training, supervising, and developing O&M personnel. This includes employee performance management, salary planning, and discipline.
- Managing, planning, organizing and execution of maintenance outages and plant modifications.
- Ensuring that plant activities are performed in compliance with company policy, state and federal regulations and accepted industry standards.
- Responsible for O&M budget development, tracking and control and for generating monthly and other reports as required by the company, partners, electrical off-taker and regulatory agencies.
- Creates and supports an organizational culture that encourages and rewards employee involvement, innovative thinking, and adaptation to change, responsible risk taking, customer focus, and continuous improvement.
- Responsible for development and revision of plant procedures to comply with Standards and Guidelines, Codes of Practice and Corporate Policy.
- Responsible for setting up and maintaining successful communication networks with employees, partners, customers and corporate staff and is responsible for performing administrative functions and responsibilities.
- Will be required to travel for training and/or other company business. This includes travel by private automobile, commercial airlines, and other public transportation.
- May be required to operate company vehicles including cars, and trucks.
- May be required to perform other duties as directed.
- Willing to accept accountability for own decisions, performance, and behavior, as well as the performance of assigned staff.
- Makes frequent contact with plant personnel, Commercial Management, management committee members, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), electrical off-taker and corporate staff.
- Must be able to effectively interface with regulatory, political, business, civic and public representatives consistent with corporate objectives
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Minimum of ten years of full-time supervisory experience within a power plant
- BS degree in industrial management, engineering or related field.
- Fossil fuel experience in a power plant setting.
- Previous management experience working in a union environment.
Additional knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Must possess a thorough knowledge and understanding of power generation plant processes and operation and maintenance techniques.
- Must have a thorough understanding of and demonstrated ability in management and supervision.
- Must possess a strong knowledge of safety work procedures, environmental rules and regulations and NERC reliability standards.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to successfully function as a member and/or leader of a team and to effectively communicate orally and in writing.