Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. If you are able to start your new career within 90 days and meet the position requirements listed in the job description, feel free to apply. If you are not available to work within the next 90 days, but would like to work with Bradley-Morris on finding your next career, please complete an application here https://mapp.bradley-morris.com to get started.
Fort Worth, TX
- Implement project improvements that drive manufacturing performance in speed, waste reduction, cost reduction and quality.
- Provide engineering oversight to the facility infrastructure (boilers, HVAC, compressed air, power transmission, and so on).
- Plan, direct and coordinate activities concerned with design, construction, modification, and maintenance of equipment and machinery in an industrial plant.
- Assure plant compliance to federal, state and corporate environmental laws, rules and regulations.
- Coordinate with other functions in plant compliance to all environmental laws and regulations. Interface with governmental and corporate auditors. The environmental programs/areas include hazardous materials/waste management, environmental noise and lighting management, air quality management, storm water and training of plant personnel in same.
- Troubleshoot equipment operating issues and recommend short-term and long-term resolutions.
- Define and resolve process problems through individual and team-based continuous improvement activities and structured problem-solving methods.
- Make observations and take measurements directly, as well as collect and interpret data from the other technical and operating staff involved; in order to develop and implement process improvement.
- Work closely with the operators and staff who oversee quality control of raw materials, finished products, plant maintenance, product specifications and production schedules.
- Identify root causes and recommend the appropriate corrective actions proactively.
- Work well with maintenance and production departments.
- Serve as the loss prevention/risk management contact for the site.
- Promote a culture that reinforces Company's values and expectations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required skills/qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Mechanical Engineering preferred).
- 5+ years of experience in a manufacturing setting along with proven track record of measurable results.
- Multi-disciplinary knowledge of engineering and an ability to innovate using practical, economical solutions and/or strategies.
- Technical skill categories focusing on, for example, piping, pressure vessels, and machinery.
- A high-speed continuous process manufacturing background preferred.
- Sound knowledge of TQM and TPM methodology.
- Sound knowledge of Statistical Process Control (SPC) and its practical implementation.
- Experience in making data-driven decisions and utilization of statistics to solve problems and monitor processes.
- Project management experience from inception, planning to completion.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written, verbal and presentation), with the ability to effectively work with others in a team environment.
- Demonstrated initiative and the ability to handle complex assignments with a proactive attitude.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience in coaching and building rapport with production operators to solve problems and to implement continuous improvement initiatives including leading Kaizen events.
- Lean six sigma skills and experience preferred.
- Experience with AutoCAD/SolidWorks.
- Maintenance Supervision or Management experience would be an asset.
- Performs other duties as assigned.