Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. If your earliest start date is within 90 days and you meet the requirements listed in the job description, please apply. Want to skip the search? Fill out a profile and our team will send you the jobs that are the best match via email or text.
Plant Engineer / Maintenance Manager
The primary focus of this job is to direct all repairs and maintenance, engineering project and monitor controls systems. You will work with the Director of Manufacturing and Production Manager, to improve production facility, reduce the incidence of costly breakdowns, and develop strategies to improve overall reliability and safety of plant, personnel, and production processes.
Plans, oversees, and coordinates activities concerned with development, design, construction, modification, and maintenance of equipment, machinery, and facilities.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Design maintenance strategies, procedures and methods.
- Planning and scheduling of planned and unplanned work.
- Diagnose breakdown problems.
- Work directly with Production to improve the manufacturing process through equipment modification or upgrade.
- Plans, directs and assigns duties of the maintenance team and assist production to help solve equipment related production problems, reduce downtime.
- Direct and support preventative and emergency maintenance.
- Support Six Sigma, Kaizen, or 5S projects as a Black Belt trained team member if required.
- Provide technical support to Maintenance, Production, and IT.
- Programming and startup of Allen Bradley PLCs.
- Design and programming of Human Machine Interfaces (HMI) on Windows based platforms.
- Programming and startup of Allen Bradley AC and DC drive systems.
- Design and programming of servo systems.
- Control panel design and layout.
- Direct, instruct and supervise maintenance technicians.
- Support audits of equipment, fittings or components.
- Control maintenance tools, stores and equipment.
- Monitor and control maintenance costs.
- Write maintenance strategies to assist with installation and commissioning guidelines.
- Prepare bid sheets and contracts for construction and equipment acquisition. Test newly installed machines and equipment to ensure fulfillment of contract specifications;
- Provide support as needed to assist the Director of Manufacturing in managing activities with local, state and federal agencies;
Must be a Junior Officer or Senior NCO.
Engineering degree is highly preferred, but client will accept a candidate with relevant experience in lieu of degree.
$70 -$80K depending on experience and degree. Full benefits.
Shift: Days (Monday -Friday)
Skills: Manufacturing, process engineering, mechanical maintenance, electrical maintenance