Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. If your earliest start date is within 90 days and you meet the requirements listed in the job description, please apply. Want to skip the search? Fill out a profile and our team will send you the jobs that are the best match via email or text.
PLC Controls Technician
Additionally, you will be responsible for keeping the automated industrial control systems current.
Perform all jobs safely, efficiently and accurately to maintain and improve the performance of the entire plant in the areas of Safety, Quality, Reliability (SQR) and their Customer 1st strategy. Act as a role model and demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential job functions:
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of industrial control systems and Programmable Logic Computers (PLCs.)
- Effectively maintain programming, hardware networking and communication; troubleshoot, determine causes of failure and perform corrective actions; oversee full industrial control system project implementation on both hardware and software problems.
- Support predictive and preventative maintenance program.
- Support internal projects
- Drive plant control system upgrades.
- Ensure compliance with Controls Change Management System.
Additionally, be able to troubleshoot and calibrate the following, properly and safely:
- Control panels using relay logic; Camdriven switch boxes; heat and humidity control systems; process control valves; pneumatic control systems; hydraulic control systems; metal detection systems; ink jet coding systems, electronic scaling systems, electronic meters.
- Able to interface with and troubleshoot the following motor control equipment properly and safely: motor starters, run relays; Variable Frequency Drives(VFDs); Servo motors and controls.
- Able to interface with and troubleshoot Allen Bradley and other plant PLCs including: connecting to the PLC, reading ladder logic, programming, diagnosing hardware and software problems.
- Follow established programs, policies and practices to produce safe quality foods that meet regulatory and company requirements.
- Support the development, implementation, maintenance, and ongoing improvement of the SQF 2000 Systems.
- Accountable to the client's Manufacturing Food Safety and Quality Principles.
- Supervise and coach direct reports in the performance of their duties; complete performance reviews and provides feedback to direct reports.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
$40 per hour, 3rd shift No relocation.