Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. If your earliest start date is within 90 days and you meet the requirements listed in the job description, please apply. Want to skip the search? Fill out a profile and our team will send you the jobs that are the best match via email or text.
Operations Service Project Engineer
You may be working with the facilities team one day to coordinate changes made across their campus, to doing project based work like remodels of their customer service area the next day to if their pipes burst, re-configuring their pipe lay-out the next day. For all these things they need someone with Auto-Cad experience and understands the engineering process. They are not looking for a Project Manager, but you may have some similar responsibilities like working with customer keeping them on budget working through the life-cycle of the project.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Work with a wide variety of customers to develop project requirements, analyze alternatives to identify the optimum solutions, prepare detailed CAD drawings, and compile detailed cost estimates and project schedules.
- Work with various production support groups, develop production process plans and layouts utilizing lean and other process efficiency methodologies.
- Prepare capital equipment requests (CERs,) including detailed plans and cost estimates.
- Develop specifications for bid for any project related construction or equipment acquisitions.
- Evaluate and recommend vendors capable of providing the necessary services and products, and evaluate bids received and make recommendations on supplier selection and develop project schedules.
- Ensure all those involved in the project are kept informed of schedule progress.
- Track project expenditures and financial commitments insuring complete records of all activities and capital project budgets are accurately maintained.
- Provide project expenditure timeline projections and insure that all compliance requirements are met; to include building codes, fire codes, life safety codes, compliance with all environmental regulations and permit requirements. (OSHA, ADA, and any unique project applicable codes and regulations.)
- Coordinate the project related activities of design engineers, contractors, and other support groups in the preparation of drawings, permit applications, and the review and approval of any applicable permits and licenses required by city, state, or federal agencies.
- Assist in the upkeep of the Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS) and assist the maintenance department wherever needed to investigate engineered solutions to facilities and facilities support equipment.
This is a Monday thru Friday 8 AM to 5 PM position.