Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. If your earliest start date is within 90 days and you meet the requirements listed in the job description, please apply. Want to skip the search? Fill out a profile and our team will send you the jobs that are the best match via email or text.
coordinating TBCs operational training program; managing various technical capital projects and
supporting maintenance and upkeep of TBC HVDC Converter Stations.
This position will also support continuous improvement of TBC physical asset management capabilities, undertaking assessments, gap analysis and participating in assigned tasks to enhance physical asset, service contractor and internal compliance program performance.
This position reports to the Director of Engineering, as well as the Director of Operations, who is a retired O-5 Navy Surface Warfare Officer.
- NERC Compliance Area Program Manager - Program manager for one or more areas of TBCs
NERC compliance program.
- Review NERC Standards for applicability to TBC as a registered Transmission Operator (TOP), Transmission Owner (TO), and Transmission Planner (TP)
- Develop the needed processes / procedures / tests / protocols to maintain compliance; maintain
detailed documentation and all other evidence needed to ensure compliance with NERC
Note: Previous experience with NERC compliance desired but not essential for an
- Act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for assigned NERC Standards during TBCs NERC Audits
- Ensure compliance with TBC's NERC Internal Compliance Program.
- Capital Project Management - Responsible for oversight of capital projects, as assigned or
developed, to ensure compliance to the terms and conditions of the contract, act as TBCs
subject matter expert, ensure the schedule and agreed budget/costs are maintained and monitor
- Training Coordination - Develop, maintain, and enhance TBCs operational training program.
Aid management in the development and execution of annual training plans. Track compliance
related training requirements.
- HVDC Engineering Analysis - Perform engineering analysis of faults, alarms related to the HVDC system operation to include detailed reviews of the Transient Fault Recording (TFR), System Error Recorder (SER) and other alarms, to determine if there any impact to the reliability or operation of the TBC system. Perform trend analysis of events and perform Root Cause Analysis (RCA) as needed or required.
- Vendor Management - Manage vendor contracts to include development of General Service Agreements (GSA), Scopes of Work (SOW) and bid packages. Manage vendor performance after contract to include review and recommending approval of invoices.
- Qualify as a NERC Transmission Operator on TBC's HVDC system - Qualify as NERC System Operator and perform the functions of a HVDC System Operator.
- On Call Engineer - Participate in the On Call Engineer rotation with the other engineering team members. Call out during the day, night or weekends may be required.
- Ensures that deficiencies are handled timely to avoid business interruption.
- Creates facility status reports to establish condition benchmarks. Deliver routine equipment condition status audits.
- Conduct engineering root cause analysis assessments.
- Generate and document reports on a periodic basis to track the performance of the facility systems.
- Review site Operator procedures, practices, reports, repairs and improvements in order to ensure that compliance and budgetary commitments are met.
- Collaborate with other Operations staff to ensure TBC compliance with life safety, environmental, NERC, WECC, CAISO and CPUC requirements, agreements and permits. Work with the Operations staff to enhance compliance oversight, controls and audit.
- Keep current with industry best practice, maintain relationships with service vendors.
- Establish communications with, and manage facility stakeholders, socialize converter station awareness.
- Executes work in accordance with established operating and safety procedures.
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders, the site operator and its associates.