Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. If your earliest start date is within 90 days and you meet the requirements listed in the job description, please apply. Want to skip the search? Fill out a profile and our team will send you the jobs that are the best match via email or text.
Nashville, TN US
In this role, the candidate will maintain basic operation and maintenance of all building equipment and systems by routinely reviewing operating conditions and established programs with the supervisor to understand and resolve any abnormal operating issues.
Under direct supervision, the Building Engineer is responsible for the following:
- Perform preventive maintenance and repairs on all mechanical, electrical, plumbing and HVAC systems including, but not limited to pumps, chillers, boilers, air compressors and air handling units
- Adjust and update HVAC and related equipment in order to maintain established operating criteria within the guidelines set forth by the Supervisor
- Perform general repairs, maintenance and the replacement of building components including building fixtures and appliances, plumbing and electrical
- Participate in the water treatment chemical programs established in the property
- Maintain operation logs and files, where appropriate, to include, but not limited to, central plant operations, chemical consumption logs and other equipment or operation inspection logs specific to the property
- Apply working knowledge and skills in HVAC distribution and controls in order to make adjustments and corrective actions to resolve work orders
- Provide prompt and courteous response to tenant requests within the guidelines set forth by the company
- Maintain ethical, professional and courteous relations with contractors and tenants
- Establish and maintain a cooperative working relationship with the entire operation staff and perform as a team member
- Demonstrate full competency in all current company property emergency procedures including but not limited to:
- Assist with directing building occupants with evacuations
- Assist with bomb searches
- Assist with life safety system alarms
- Assist emergency authorities and response teams
- Utilize fire alarm and life safety systems at assigned property and make adjustments as needed.
- Adhere to all company and property policies and procedures and perform all duties in a safe manner and help ensure compliance with city, state and federal safety and environmental laws, codes, standards, and regulations
- Actively participate in required training activities and seminars
Excellent location and growth/promotional opportunities in Nashville, nationally and globally. We have placed many candidates with this client and many have been promoted to Engineering Manager and above.
Base salary, overtime, plus an annual bonus potential.