Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. If your earliest start date is within 90 days and you meet the requirements listed in the job description, please apply. Want to skip the search? Fill out a profile and our team will send you the jobs that are the best match via email or text.
Nuclear Operators are split into responsibilities that are either Licensed or Non-Licensed. The difference of the roles is simple: either you are learning how to operate the system and controls that manipulate the reactor, or you are learning and working on equipment that does not manipulate the reactor.
For you to be qualified for the Licensed role, you must have 2 years of the following:
- Reactor Operator (RO)
- Engineer Watch Supervisor (EWS)
- Engineering Officer of the Watch (EOOW)
- Propulsion Plant Watch Supervisor (PPWS)
If you do not have these minimum qualifications, you may be considered for the Non-Licensed Operator.
Overall summary of the roles (not inclusive or exclusive):
- Monitors and interprets plant parameters and manipulates plant equipment by simultaneously regulating reactivity, steam, water, temperatures, flows, pressures, generator loads, voltages, and so on.
- Operates and provides protection on any plant equipment.
- Directs the activities of Nuclear Operators including scheduling work, giving work direction and managing flow.
- Initiates repair orders and/or arranges for necessary maintenance to instruments, gauges, and mechanical or electrical equipment.
- Inspects, tests, accepts or rejects maintenance work.
- Responsible for checking all instruments, controls, mechanisms, and systems prior to startup.
- Personally tours the plant to inspect equipment, to assure safe, efficient operation.
- Takes appropriate action to correct unsatisfactory conditions by reporting, tagging, erecting barriers, applying emergency operating procedures, and so on.
Medical/dental/vision/401k. Compensation will push over 100k first year. With overtime, it is not uncommon for Operators to make over $150k.