Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. To apply, if you have not already filled out a candidate application, start the process here: https://mapp.bradley-morris.com.
Microsoft SQL Database Administrator
- Perform configuration to include but not limited to adding features, installation, patching, upgrading, reconfigurations, and fail over and redundancy using Clustering and/or Availability Groups.
- Perform data management to include but not limited to database design and normalization, creation, deletion and alterations of databases, stored procedures, functions, diagrams, indexes, and data extractions, transformations, and loading (ETL).
- Write documentation on centralized storage of Data Element Dictionaries (DED) and Data Models, configuration changes, current configurations, DBA activities, future plans, server activities, standards Server configurations, maintenance, security and operations
- Development and deliver training materials.
- Provide training and assistance to data analysts, coders/programmers (including pre-production code reviews), data modelers, managers, and users.
- Perform maintenance to include but not limited to creating/scheduling/maintaining SQL jobs, alerts, backup and recovery, cleanup of out-of-date files and records, database integrity checks, index defragmentation, reviewing error logs, sizing and resizing files, and updating statistics.
- Perform auditing, base lining/enhancing/optimizing/tuning (especially index tuning and custom statistics), monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Plan configuration changes, future workloads, and future system resources
- Report to management about system conditions and future needs. Inform on systems issues and recommend resolutions.
- Perform security auditing, configuring, and applying STIGs and patches.
- Develop, implement and manage business intelligence by installing/configuring/administering SQL Server Reporting Services, SQL Server Integration Services and SQL Server Analysis Services.
- Write SSRS reports.
- Create and manage OLAPs and cubes
- Perform other DBA functions not covered above pertaining to Microsoft SQL Server 2014 or higher.
- Develop POAMs and provide recommendations on best practice with regards to Microsoft SQL.
- Attend meetings either physical or virtual
Specifications and requirements:
- Minimum 8 years of experience as DBA in Microsoft SQL Server.
- In depth knowledge and experience in database theory and design.
- In depth experience in planning, implementing, administering and programming Microsoft SQL 2008 R2 or higher.
- In depth knowledge and experience in Windows O/S, distributed computing architecture (client-server), networking, storage area network (SAN), Virtualization (Hyper-V and VMware).
- Experience in Microsoft .NET programming.
- In depth knowledge and experience in Transact SQL and PowerShell.
- Must have SECRET security clearance.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert: Data Platform.
- CompTIA Security Plus.
- All certification must be current versions.