Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. If you are able to start your new career within 90 days and meet the position requirements listed in the job description, feel free to apply. If you are not available to work within the next 90 days, but would like to work with Bradley-Morris on finding your next career, please complete an application here https://mapp.bradley-morris.com to get started.
Garden City, NY
The ideal candidate will possess strong skills and a proven record of successfully executing in the following areas:
- International procurement, logistics management, e-business initiatives, strategic sourcing, small business plans and cost reduction techniques. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Military/Aerospace experience preferred.
- Provide leadership in a fast-paced environment to ensure expectations are exceeded relative to delivery, quality, cost, inventory and growth objectives.
- Develop and implement aggressive material cost targets, using a strong knowledge of cost accounting, financial analysis and supply base negotiations.
- Establish a global supply base to provide a product that meets annual quality, delivery, and cost expectations.
- Support the negotiation and supplier selection process to facilitate make/buy objectives.
- Execute commodity sourcing strategies, lead/support key contract negotiations and strategic supplier performance reviews.
- Provide in-depth material management expertise to achieve world-class performance levels within the supply chain.
- Lead interaction between suppliers and engineering to drive total cost productivity through concise and clear specifications that meet identified needs.
- Selection and removal of suppliers in support of performance objectives, or manufacturing strategies.
- Establish long term pricing with suppliers in support of objectives, and program profitability expectations.
- Bachelor's degree required in Supply Chain Management or related field.
- 5-9 years of experience in a procurement and sourcing role in a production environment in support of complex components, fabrications, and machined parts.
- Professional Certifications a plus - APICS
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Intimate knowledge of ERP configuration, manufacturing processes and systems.
- Strong understanding of the make/buy process, FAI and extensive experience with ERP systems (Oracle a plus).
- Experience in establishing new suppliers and the documentation and approvals required by OEMs.
- Demonstrated ability to drive teamwork between groups and across functional teams.
- Strategic planning/thinking skills, coupled with analytical and execution skills.
- Demonstrated experience and success working in a fast paced, matrix environment satisfying multiple customers.
- Must possess solid analytical skills in forecasting and anticipating production needs and capabilities.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of changing situations in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills requiring the ability to resolve conflicting interests and obtain cooperation.