Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. If your earliest start date is within 90 days and you meet the requirements listed in the job description, please apply. Want to skip the search? Fill out a profile and our team will send you the jobs that are the best match via email or text.
Job duties and responsibilities:
- Wraps and packages completed parts and assemblies and boxes for shipment to customer.
- Performs part-marking per written work order instructions.
- Verifies quantities to be part-marked, packaged, and shipped and examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications.
- By using the company's MRP system to verify deliveries, put parts on hand and create packing slips.
- Prepares and secures cartons, crates, pallets, and other containers for shipment of goods.
- Stamps, stencils, labels, or affixes identifying information and shipping instructions onto cartons, pallets, crates, or containers as required.
- Determines method of shipment and posts weights and shipping charges, and affixes postage as necessary.
- Compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records.
- Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and communicates with the buyer and/or shipper to reconcile damages and shortages. Routes items to the appropriate departments as required.
- Monitors and maintains appropriate inventory levels of shipping materials and supplies.
- Uses hand trucks, pallet jacks, forklifts, and material handling equipment to move shipments from shipping and receiving area to storage or work areas.
- Meets established standards for productivity and quality. Confers with supervisor when problems arise which impact expected level of performance.
- Responsible for supporting and ensuring compliance to ISO 9001/AS9100 Quality Management Systems.
- Must contribute to a positive work environment.
- Performs any task required to support customer requirements and company goals.
This position works 7am - 430pm (includes lunch break) Monday - Friday. There is opportunity for a good bit of overtime and you can average 50 hours a week for 10 hours a week at time and a half.
However, overtime is not mandated and there are usually enough volunteers so that no one is required to work overtime. There is a rare opportunity to work on a Saturday to really rack up some overtime if you want.
Military veterans are probably not shy about working longer and would rather have the added pay. Base pay is $18 - $19 hr which is $27 - $28.50 on overtime.