Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. If you are able to start your new career within 90 days and meet the position requirements listed in the job description, feel free to apply. If you are not available to work within the next 90 days, but would like to work with Bradley-Morris on finding your next career, please complete an application here https://mapp.bradley-morris.com to get started.
Our client's Management Trainee Program allows future facility leaders to be exposed to all facets of the metals recycling business during a 12-month training program. Under the direction of an experienced Facility Manager and Regional Director of Operations, Trainees will gain the knowledge and leadership skills necessary to become a Facility Manager at a small 5-15 employee facility.
The Management Trainee will be responsible for several areas of training including, but not limited to:
Scrap metal knowledge
- Transportation: Trainees will learn how to schedule and organize the pick-up of incoming loads, order trucks or rail cars and/or schedule and dispatch contract carriers as required to support the production schedule.
- Products and Commodity Training: Trainees will learn the dozens of products and commodities recycled by the company by working with employees and the facility manager to perform day-to-day tasks.
- Truck scale and platform operations: Gain a thorough understanding of the truck scale and platform scale operations. Trainee will be taught how to maintain a daily inventory and position report.
- Equipment Operations and Management: Training will be provided on operations and maintenance of heavy mobile equipment - hydraulic cranes, forklifts, and skid steers. Maintaining preventative maintenance checklists will be required and trainees will be taught how to organize major repairs on equipment as required.
- Inventory Management: Trainees will be trained on the importance of managing inventory and using IT business systems to accomplish this.
- Material Processing: Trainees will learn how to process material and how these materials are prepared for shipment to the customer.
Safety and environmental knowledge
- Demonstrate the ability to ensure a culture of safety and environmental stewardship.
- Gain a thorough understanding of safety and environmental procedures and requirements.
Finance and Human Resources
- Interpreting gross margin analyses and facility Profit/Loss reporting.
- Employee relations training, HR policies and procedures including interviewing, hiring, and performance management of employees.
- Payroll training will be provided to manage employee time and attendance records of facility employees.
- Performs other responsibilities as assigned or directed. Interacts and reports on progress to senior management.
Marketing and Sales
- Gain exposure to sales orders as viewed against production to ensure they understand how production fills an order to ensure customer commitments.
- Interacting with existing suppliers and consumers and building relationships and developing new business will be required.
- Monitor the quality of incoming material and monitor the processing and packaging of outgoing material to ensure customer specifications are met.
- Trainees will be taught the mathematics of buying and selling metals and how to negotiate contracts with our business partners. This will include completing monthly quote letters for industrial accounts and determining prices.
- Creating month-end reports for all yard functions including the Scrap Projection Report on available inventory.
- Customer service issues will be explained with opportunities given to respond to and resolve disputes and claims to ensure customer satisfaction
Base salary for the first year while a trainee is $50 - $55k but you also get a housing allowance of up to $6K ($500/mo) for the year of training and the company pays to you to your facility that you take over. Get promoted after one year to run own facility at $65k+ base salary.