San Jose, CA
Take me through a day in the life of this person:
- Working independently or with outside vendors in the installation or repair of building plumbing or wiring required in the production process.
- Performing periodic or special inspections of the premise to determine repair work necessary.
- Working from blueprints, drawings, or rough sketches.
- Assisting in planning facilities-related projects (new equipment, modifications, equipment moves, and so on) from start to finish, including manufacturing, environmental, and safety equipment.
- Coordinating quotes and services/parts from vendors and works with Manufacturing Department, Maintenance Department, Engineering Department, and Tactical Safety Team to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Writing work instructions and procedures for in-house facilities projects.
- Performing periodical and preventive maintenance of all manufacturing and EH&S equipment including maintaining and updating the PM tracking system.
- Ensuring that preventative maintenance is completed per approved schedule.
- Maintaining and repairing manufacturing equipment, with an emphasis on High Vacuum Furnaces.
- Performing other tasks as assigned.
They offer a comprehensive benefits package to all regular full-time employees. For example, they emphasize a healthy life-work balance, every other Friday off, retirement savings plan which includes both company matching contribution 401(k) and automatic company contribution, good health-and-safety programs, both short-term and long-term disability insurance and a variety of life insurance.
Base pay will depend on experience but should run from $30 - $35/hr. There is a little bit of overtime at time and a half, but the company tries to avoid making you work overtime. There will be exceptions when equipment breaks and must be fixed ASAP.