Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. If your earliest start date is within 90 days and you meet the requirements listed in the job description, please apply. Want to skip the search? Fill out a profile and our team will send you the jobs that are the best match via email or text.
This position is responsible for performing electrical maintenance tasks on plant utility and process infrastructure.
Job duties and responsibilities:
- Perform preventative maintenance and/or repairs of production and processing equipment as well as utility related equipment, following all safety procedures.
- Support the installation of new equipment.
- Install equipment for new electrical services (120v, 240v and 480v three phase), including wiring, conduit, panels, breakers, contactors, relays, times and controls.
- Perform electrical troubleshooting, maintenance and repair work; installs or replaces circuit breakers, fuses, variable speed.
- Perform and assist in all operations maintenance activities. All applicable work is done in accordance with national, state and local electrical codes.
- Use the company's computerized maintenance management system (SAP) to record and access maintenance related information.
- Assist the machine operators with training or troubleshooting to minimize equipment downtime.
- Ensure all repairs are documented.
- Foster teamwork consistent with our company and plant mission, vision, and core values.
- Must adhere to all safety policies and procedures.
- Assist in training other maintenance staff as needed.
- Assist as needed on all types of maintenance calls throughout the plant.
- Thorough knowledge of electrical codes, practices, and techniques, tools and equipment.
- Have considerable knowledge of and ability to use standard hand and power tools and equipment used in electrical maintenance activities.
- Ability to use ladders, scaffolding, and operate hand and power tools in a safe, efficient manner.
- Considerable knowledge and application of safety standards and precautions pertaining to electrical work.
- Minimize water usage and the generation of wastewater within the scope of the position.
- Follows all DFA GMP's and works in a manner consistent with all corporate and regulatory, food safety, quality and sanitation requirements.
- The requirements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employee; but is not a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Other duties may be assigned as required
Minimum required education and experience:
- High school diploma/GED or technical school
- Minimum 3 years of skilled industrial maintenance experience. Prior experience in a food or bottling manufacturing environment a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Basic math skills, and have a working knowledge of equipment, ability to interpret simple to complex blueprints and schematics.
- Proficient in preventative maintenance, over-hauls, modification and fabrication.
- Strong trouble shooting and problem-solving skills.
Must possess training / experience in at least two or more of the following areas:
- Single and three phase industrial electricity and control systems
- AC/DC drive Systems
- Pneumatics / hydraulics systems
- Welding practices and techniques
- Machining /fabricating practices and techniques
- Industrial boiler operations
- Water treatment systems
- HVAC systems
- Must be able to read, write and speak English