Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. If you are able to start your new career within 90 days and meet the position requirements listed in the job description, feel free to apply. If you are not available to work within the next 90 days, but would like to work with Bradley-Morris on finding your next career, please complete an application here https://mapp.bradley-morris.com to get started.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Perform routine preventive maintenance checks on all production equipment and machinery.
- Replaces or repairs parts on machines such as bearings, filters, wiring, valves, gauges and switches.
- Replaces electrical parts and equipment.
- Observes and listens to mechanical devices in operation to locate causes of trouble.
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts.
- Examines form and texture of parts to detect imperfections.
- Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments. Repairs or replaces defective parts. Installs special functional and structural parts in devices.
- Lubricates and cleans parts.
- Start devices to test their performance.
- Initiates purchase order for parts and machines.
- Required to participate in on-call program and may be required to work additional hours as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Follows all safety rules and procedures and observes the operations to insure a safe environment.
Job knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Machine set-up, troubleshoots equipment failures, and perform repair and prevent maintenance services ensuring that all safety procedures are being followed.
- Must have good working knowledge of electrical controls, mechanical assembly, plumbing, and heating, ventilating and air conditioning related control systems.
- Read and interpret electrical control and mechanical assembly drawings, as well as service manuals for all equipment.
- Troubleshoot and repair both Electrical and Mechanical problems associated with Production and Facility equipment in a timely manner.
- Must be able to work to repair equipment back to service during emergency breakdowns.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram or schedule form.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms. They employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move more than 100 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
$26 - $32/hr, full comprehensive benefits plan, overtime available