Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. To apply, if you have not already filled out a candidate application, start the process here: https://mapp.bradley-morris.com.
Duties and responsibilities (included but not limited to):
- Starts up and shuts down a variety of grinding machine(s) following established company procedures and safety guidelines.
- Performs grinding operations on a large variety of parts at times with high levels of complexity, ensuring the operation is performed within established parameters, minimal scrap and acceptable levels of output.
- Plans setup (mounting and dismounting grinding wheels) and operation of NC and manual grinding machine(s) using proper tools, and produces parts within established tolerances, specifications at acceptable levels of production, which includes the reading and interpretation of process drawing, routings and travelers.
- Uses a full range of precision measuring and gauging instruments in support of daily grinding and inspection operation ensuring that 100% of parts produced meet or exceed expectations.
- Sets up and tests production equipment under power, testing for mechanical difficulties, tracing any problem source(s) and ensuring proper corrective action(s) are taken to resolve detected problems.
- Reads and interprets a variety of engineering and quality specifications and engineering drawings.
- Makes necessary adjustments to machines and "dress" of wheels ensuring that ensuring that the machine and grinding wheel(s) are in proper operating condition.
- Ensures that proper housekeeping is maintained including sweeping and clean up in and round their area of responsibility.
- Performs continuous improvement (lean) activities as may be assigned or required.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe environment including identification of unsafe conditions.
- Required personal protective equipment must be worn at all times.
This opening can be on 2nd (1500-2300) or 3rd (2300-0700) shift. Largely up to the preference of the new hire.
Base pay of $20 - $24/hr. With 20-25% overtime (about 8-10 hours of overtime a week) at time and a half. This makes for nice big pay checks. Some of these orders are extending out for 5 years in the future so both overtime and long-term job security are excellent.