Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. If you are able to start your new career within 90 days and meet the position requirements listed in the job description, feel free to apply. If you are not available to work within the next 90 days, but would like to work with Bradley-Morris on finding your next career, please complete an application here https://mapp.bradley-morris.com to get started.
Machining Side Supervisor
This role will be a second shift role running from 3: 30PM until 2AM, Monday thru Thursday. Occasionally work on a Friday or Saturday depending on business unit needs. The group you will be supervising in this role are in the Machining and Fabrication shop. The company is looking for a Sr. NCO with a mechanical background that speaks to the work group.
- Safety - Promotes, creates and ensures that a safe work environment is assured and maintained. Actively participates in programs such as Safety Committees, 5S programs, SOP implementation. Uses and assures that all employees are using the required PPE. Drives safety through the organization to ensure that all staff are following the proper safety procedures. Questions current procedures to assure we are striving for perfection.
- Collect and analyze data to determine primary opportunities to improve Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost and 5S. Develop and implement improvements for those opportunities. Keep records of all improvements including date performed, description, who was involved and the impact on the operation. Participate and lead kaizen events to improve overall Value Stream. Become certified as a Standard Work or Problem Solving tool champion.
- Leadership Skills - Create and share a vision and strategy for the organization, department or team. Drive a culture that supports the company's values. Set and regularly communicate expectations and ensure goals are aligned with the company's strategic initiatives. Measure team against goals and hold team and self, accountable for results. Effectively manage resources and clearly delegate both routine and important tasks and decisions. Trust others to perform. Support team through difficult situations. Encourage and manage creativity in others. Is adaptable and uses various approaches to inspire and motivate others and self to achieve excellence.
- Intellectual Capital - Set and regularly communicate expectations and ensure goals are aligned with the company's strategic initiatives. Identify high potentials and those in need of development. Support development and succession planning. Set actionable development plans for self and others. Share knowledge and best practices and coach others for personal and professional development. Provide continuous feedback on company, team and individual performance and be open to two-way communication. Hold self and others accountable to performance standards and recognizes top performers. Document all achievements providing dates and descriptions. Effectively use the performance appraisal process to identify areas of improvement and is open to giving or receiving both positive as well as constructive feedback.
- Teamwork and Diversity - Effectively motivate and inspire teamwork within and between departments. Can lead through example. Actively seek guidance and cooperation from the cross-functional team.
- Decision Making - Demonstrate sound reasoning, fact based, qualitative and analytical approach in making decisions. Utilize and apply the best available knowledge, information and expertise (for example, in self and others) in addressing issues. Effectively translate business requirements into actions to ensure plans are executed so goals are achieved. Proactively, timely and consistently meet commitments with a high degree of quality, accuracy and dependability to the business and to others. Follow processes and procedures as required. Act with a sense of urgency to handle workload and priorities to complete assignments in required time frames.
- Adhere to all company policies, safeguard the company's interests and act in an ethical and legal manner as well as report all violations of company policies and procedures to appropriate management.