Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. If your earliest start date is within 90 days and you meet the requirements listed in the job description, please apply. Want to skip the search? Fill out a profile and our team will send you the jobs that are the best match via email or text.
Licensed Nuclear Reactor Operator
Detroit, MI US
You will through a focused training program to help you understand how to operate and manipulate nuclear control systems. During this training, you will receive your average pay as you would if you were fully qualified, and upon completion of the qualification, there are usually adjustments made via bonuses. As you get closer to the offer, the company can outline that in detail.
For you to be qualified for the licensed role, you must have two years of the following: Reactor Operator (RO), Engineer Watch Supervisor (EWS), Engineering Officer of the Watch (EOOW), or Propulsion Plant Watch Supervisor (PPWS.)
Overall summary of the roles (not inclusive or exclusive):
- Monitors and interprets plant parameters and manipulates plant equipment by simultaneously regulating reactivity, steam, water, temperatures, flows, pressures, generator loads, voltages, and so on
- Operates and protects any plant equipment
- Directs the activities of Nuclear Operators, including scheduling work, giving work direction, and managing flow
- Initiates repair orders and arranges necessary instruments, gauges, and mechanical or electrical equipment maintenance. - Inspects, tests, accepts or rejects maintenance work
- Check instruments, controls, mechanisms, and systems before startup
- Tour the plant to inspect equipment to ensure safe, efficient operation
- Takes appropriate action to correct unsatisfactory conditions by reporting, tagging, erecting barriers, applying emergency operating procedures, and so on
The company boasts a strong track record of hiring and developing its operators, the people who work there love it.
Base salary, plus medical, dental, vision, and a 401k. Compensation can go well over six-figures.